The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Did someone got problems with last windows update too?

ChefZero
ChefZero
✭✭✭✭
2 or 3 days ago was a new windows update, now I have performance issues in ESO. Game becomes sometimes very coppy without drops on fps or ping. Someone got the same problem?
PC EU - DC only
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    I uninstalled it because it kept asking for a restart to finish and then didn't finish. When I went to uninstall it, installation date was......01/01/1601! No wonder the damned thing didn't work. But to your point, yes I sometimes get that after a Windows (10) update, but it usually settles down fairly quickly, like after a day or so.
    Edited by Sekero on May 13, 2018 4:16PM
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    i have had the same choppy issues, thought it was my add ons of a sudden causing problems ,i 'll have to lookinto windows now.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have had the same choppy issues, thought it was my add ons of a sudden causing problems ,i 'll have to lookinto windows now.

I tested a bit and with window mode I haven't that problem but with window (fullscreen) what I usually run. Fullscreen is also better :|
    PC EU - DC only
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »

I tested a bit and with window mode I haven't that problem but with window (fullscreen) what I usually run. Fullscreen is also better :|

In general, if an addon is going to cause problems, it will do so after a game update, not a windows one. The latest Windows update was bad; I don't know why but it recorded an install date of 01/01/1601. I tried uninstalling it and re-updating, but got the same result, so I uninstalled it again, and put updating on pause, which gives me 35 days with no Windows hassles.

My issues with choppiness are mostly not visual, but the sound breaks and starts, breaks and starts. This is extremely annoying and I usually just open the map and go away and make a coffee ore something till it goes away. I run fullscreen non-windowed, as I have had problems with windowed mode in the past (with other MMOs too). In general, for MMOs I find plain fullscreen mode with vsynch turned off works best.

Edit for typo.
    Edited by Sekero on May 13, 2018 8:37PM
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I couldn't run the launcher after the latest W10 1803 update. After over a week of struggling with Bethesda support, I just reverted back to my previous version. Worked like a charm. :)
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay away from that update atm, my windows refused to boot after updating, had to run in safe mode and revert to fix it.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos