The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Need opinions on Magblade crit gear/stone vs spell damage gear/stone

Hokiewa
Hokiewa
✭✭✭✭
So I've been playing for about a year and have now with my main being a magblade, I'm not an everyday player so some gear sets are simply out of reach. I'm sitting at 540 CPs. I have no issue running any overland content but I have not ventured in trials at all, group dungeons seldom. I'm running 5 pc Julianos (gold), 3 piece War Maiden (purple), 3 piece willpower (purple) jewelry currently with the apprentice stone. I have my rotation down, weaving light attacks and all. I'm contemplating going back to Mother's Sorrow and the Thief Stone because currently my crit is at 57% front bar and 54% back bar. Lightening infused on front bar and honestly don't remember what's on the back bar because I flip just to run through my AOEs then back to the front. I realize this is a bit of a jumbled mess. Spell damage is currently at 2700. I guess my question is, is this a wise decision as I'll probably just buy the Sorrow set pieces I need and I guess figure out a two piece set once Summerset hits xbox. Thoughts on my quandry? Just a few metrics off the top of my head, merciless resolve crits for 36Kish, impale is around 32 (under 25%), and swallow soul is around 17K on a crit buffed. Thanks for all the input!
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Hokiewa wrote: »
    So I've been playing for about a year and have now with my main being a magblade, I'm not an everyday player so some gear sets are simply out of reach. I'm sitting at 540 CPs. I have no issue running any overland content but I have not ventured in trials at all, group dungeons seldom. I'm running 5 pc Julianos (gold), 3 piece War Maiden (purple), 3 piece willpower (purple) jewelry currently with the apprentice stone. I have my rotation down, weaving light attacks and all. I'm contemplating going back to Mother's Sorrow and the Thief Stone because currently my crit is at 57% front bar and 54% back bar. Lightening infused on front bar and honestly don't remember what's on the back bar because I flip just to run through my AOEs then back to the front. I realize this is a bit of a jumbled mess. Spell damage is currently at 2700. I guess my question is, is this a wise decision as I'll probably just buy the Sorrow set pieces I need and I guess figure out a two piece set once Summerset hits xbox. Thoughts on my quandry? Just a few metrics off the top of my head, merciless resolve crits for 36Kish, impale is around 32 (under 25%), and swallow soul is around 17K on a crit buffed. Thanks for all the input!

I've played NB since launch on PS4, and I firmly believe that nailing your rotation helps DPS more than fine points on gear.

That said, I play a fire stave build (gold) and never gild my other gear (Juli or Acuity, and whatever second set I want on whim).

I try to keep crit around 60%, mag around 40k, and SD around 2600ish (with infused). All these are off top of my head. I find this rough mix hits hard...18kish swallow soul. Frankly, on a mobile build I don't know if you can go much higher without very specific PVP-oriented set-ups.

I would suggest trying the Foundry for very specific tweaks. I would, however, definitely drop one of your 3 piece for Skoria or Grothdar or Zaans and pick up a 4th of the other. I'd go MS personally.
    Options