The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rangers Gait Set - some question regarding slow's and speed buff's.

Torbschka
Torbschka
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

the following set:
https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Ranger's+Gait+Set

is "reducing incoming snares by 50%" - well, I have some question regarding it.

1. Snares, IMO, are things like talons etc. - how should this be reduced by 50%? If I cant move, I cant move lol. So does this actually reduce incoming "SLOWS" by 50%, right?

2. Lets assume 1. is correct, how does the calculation acutally work? If I got slowd by 60%, will I only get slowed for 30% (since 60% reduced by 1/2(50%)) or rather 10% and it is 60% - 50%?

3. In General, how does speedbuff and slows work together? If I have Major Expedition (30%) and 3 Swift traits (anotehr 30%) I move 60% faster all the time. If I now get slowed by 30%, will I still move 30% faster, so is just simple buffs% - slows% ?

Actually I try to bring this set on my magicka warden, since they have another 15% reduction and its also called "snares".

Maybe some1 can clarify this, thank you!

• BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    Hey guys,

the following set:

1. Snares, IMO, are things like talons etc. - how should this be reduced by 50%? If I cant move, I cant move lol. So does this actually reduce incoming "SLOWS" by 50%, right?

2. Lets assume 1. is correct, how does the calculation acutally work? If I got slowd by 60%, will I only get slowed for 30% (since 60% reduced by 1/2(50%)) or rather 10% and it is 60% - 50%?

3. In General, how does speedbuff and slows work together? If I have Major Expedition (30%) and 3 Swift traits (anotehr 30%) I move 60% faster all the time. If I now get slowed by 30%, will I still move 30% faster, so is just simple buffs% - slows% ?

Actually I try to bring this set on my magicka warden, since they have another 15% reduction and its also called "snares".

1. Pretty sure Rangers Gait does not have any effect on Talons because that is an immobilization and not a snare.
    2. I haven't tested it myself, by supposdly any snare that is 50% or less is totally ignored by this. I had thought it cuts the snare in half, I.E. a 50% snare becomes a 25% snare.
    3. If you have major expedition and 3 swift your speed is increased by 60%, if someone hits you with a 30% snare, you'll still be moving 30% faster than base speed (60-30=30)

Lots of Wardens love Rangers Gait because, like you said the class has 15% reduction in its passives.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys,

the following set:

1. Pretty sure Rangers Gait does not have any effect on Talons because that is an immobilization and not a snare.
    2. I haven't tested it myself, by supposdly any snare that is 50% or less is totally ignored by this. I had thought it cuts the snare in half, I.E. a 50% snare becomes a 25% snare.
    3. If you have major expedition and 3 swift your speed is increased by 60%, if someone hits you with a 30% snare, you'll still be moving 30% faster than base speed (60-30=30)

Lots of Wardens love Rangers Gait because, like you said the class has 15% reduction in its passives.

Thank you very much for clarification @BaylorCorvette , although I dont understand your second point correctly since im (obviously) not a native speaker. So, do u say it does negate every slow by 50% (50%slow - 50% = no slow at all) or cut them in half ( 50%-25% etc.)?
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you very much for clarification @BaylorCorvette , although I dont understand your second point correctly since im (obviously) not a native speaker. So, do u say it does negate every slow by 50% (50%slow - 50% = no slow at all) or cut them in half ( 50%-25% etc.)?

My understanding is that it negates any slow that is 50% (or less). So if an ability slows you by 50%, 40%, etc it will have no effect on you at all and you will not be slowed. If a slow is applied that is 70%, you will only be slowed by 20% (70-50=20).

Again, this is what I've heard from people and I haven't actually tested it myself.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on May 24, 2018 2:15PM
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just found some information researching. Actually, it WAS as u did describe it, however since dragon bones it now "only" cut slows in half, so a 50% into a 25% etc.

Ninja nerfed.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found some information researching. Actually, it WAS as u did describe it, however since dragon bones it now "only" cut slows in half, so a 50% into a 25% etc.

Ninja nerfed.

Interesting! Thanks for the info!
    DC Zerg Busting
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    odd, I always thought it was talking about the DURATION of the snare and nothing else.
    Edited by josiahva on May 24, 2018 6:41PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My understanding is that it negates any slow that is 50% (or less). So if an ability slows you by 50%, 40%, etc it will have no effect on you at all and you will not be slowed. If a slow is applied that is 70%, you will only be slowed by 20% (70-50=20).

Again, this is what I've heard from people and I haven't actually tested it myself.

This is much understanding too.

This is why ball groups love the set.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works this way:

If you´ve an ability that snares you for 60% of your current movement speed, Ranger´s Gate will make that snare only reduce your movement speed by 30%.
    Minno wrote: »

Ballgroups have dedicated "rapid-bots" and purge-spammers to deal with snares. Ranger´s Gate has zero benefits for a ballgroup.
    Edited by Qbiken on May 24, 2018 7:15PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It works this way:

If you´ve an ability that snares you for 60% of your current movement speed, Ranger´s Gate will make that snare only reduce your movement speed by 30%.
    Minno wrote: »

Ballgroups have dedicated "rapid-bots" and purge-spammers to deal with snares. Ranger´s Gate has zero benefits for a ballgroup.

I think it depends. I know plenty of wardens running rangers gait; imagine an entire raid of them? GG trying to keep them locked down lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual