The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quick question about MAG DPS Sorcerer sets

m2rc
m2rc
✭✭✭
Burning Spell Weave or Spider Cultists?

I"m a Dunmer Sorcerer DPS with fire destro staff.

Thanks.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BSW without pets, Necromancer with pets.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget Spider cultist: much of your dps doesn't come from destro staff abilities, but from class abilities (liquid lightning, crystal fragments, curse, mage's wrath, ultimates...), so it wouldn't be buffed by this set.

As said, go for bsw (or scathing mage) or necropotence instead.
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks guys, BSW seems like a better option now :smile:
  • Rappakon
    Rappakon
    ✭✭

This. Necropotence, which is most likely what they meant, is going to give you some really pretty numbers on your dps test but in a lot of cases or any hard mode trial your pet will die and continually re-summoning will result in a dps loss so its best to have bsw as a backup in those situations.
  • joshjda
    joshjda
    ✭✭✭
    Neither the sun silks is a superior set to bsw reguadless of what people say bsw with all purple items will give you 479 bonus flame for 8 seconds with a 4 second cool down. Silks of the sun (if all gold) will offer 400 flame damage ALL THE TIME no cool down without gold it is still 386 the set is superior for damage.
    Edited by joshjda on April 27, 2017 10:17PM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshjda wrote: »
    Neither the sun silks is a superior set to bsw reguadless of what people say bsw with all purple items will give you 479 bonus flame for 8 seconds with a 4 second cool down. Silks of the sun (if all gold) will offer 400 flame damage ALL THE TIME no cool down without gold it is still 386 the set is superior for damage.

This is false. BSW gives 479 Spell Damage, not flame damage. I.e. It affects all skills, not just flame skills.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • Rappakon
    Rappakon
    ✭✭

This is wrong. The sets seem similar but there is a key difference. Silks of the sun, with an all gold set, gives 400 bonus spell damage to your FLAME abilities. BSW, all gold, gives a 600 bonus in SPELL damage and has a 20% proc chance on flame abilities. Sorc uses a few flame abilities, sure, but it is a minor part of their damage since you have liquid lightning and frags all getting buffed by spell damage. BSW also only has an 8 second proc time and can proc every 12 seconds. Even with this BSW is still superior.
  • Sn1per0
    Sn1per0
    ✭✭✭

Sorry but you are wrong.

Silks of the sun:
    2 set = max hp
    3 set = max mag
    4 set = 129 spell dam
    5 set = 400 bonus to flame dmg.

BSW
    2 set = max mag
    3 set = 129 spell dmg
    4 set = 688 spell crit
    5 set 600 SPELL DAMAGE 8 sec.

Spell damage > flame damage since sorc dps is a ton of lightning. Plus you get more crit instead of hp

• joshjda
    joshjda
    ✭✭✭
    Sn1per0 wrote: »

Sorry but you are wrong.

Silks of the sun:
    2 set = max hp
    3 set = max mag
    4 set = 129 spell dam
    5 set = 400 bonus to flame dmg.

BSW
    2 set = max mag
    3 set = 129 spell dmg
    4 set = 688 spell crit
    5 set 600 SPELL DAMAGE 8 sec.

Spell damage > flame damage since sorc dps is a ton of lightning. Plus you get more crit instead of hp

He said he was a dark elf so one can only assume he is using fire. Plus that crit equals roughly 5% if that the health is much more helpful. if he was using lightning i would have said netches touch bsw is crapola is every situation. Actually no bsw is helpful if and only if you are using it along with another set like sun silks or netches.
    Edited by joshjda on April 27, 2017 10:54PM
  • jlboozer
    jlboozer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do good with 5pc julianos, 3pc willpower, and 2pc infernal guardian. But I don't really chase the meta. I get 26k self buffed DPS on target skeleton at 423cp, that's good enough for me!
  • Baconfat79
    Baconfat79
    ✭✭✭✭
    He said he was a dark elf so one can only assume he is using fire. Plus that crit equals roughly 5% if that the health is much more helpful. if he was using lightning i would have said netches touch bsw is crapola is every situation. Actually no bsw is helpful if and only if you are using it along with another set like sun silks or netches.

He said mag Sorc, so one can only assume that he is using far more lightening damage than flame damage. BSW > Sun Silk by a fairly large margin, even on a mag DK, which is almost ALL flame damage. Try both sets with the same skills/rotation, I guarantee BSW will give higher DPS than Sun, and will absolutely blow Netch set out of the water.
  • Night_Child
    Night_Child
    ✭✭✭
    Baconfat79 wrote: »

He said mag Sorc, so one can only assume that he is using far more lightening damage than flame damage. BSW > Sun Silk by a fairly large margin, even on a mag DK, which is almost ALL flame damage. Try both sets with the same skills/rotation, I guarantee BSW will give higher DPS than Sun, and will absolutely blow Netch set out of the water.

I agree. I use BSW and SC on my Magicka Dragon Knight. Constantly in the 30ks when critically hitting these adds and bosses.