Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Its crazy to see how different the crafting guilds are acting compared to the Trade guilds.

Nightfall12
Nightfall12
✭✭✭✭✭
In the Crafting guild everyone is willing to help each other out, where to get what item and trait for the new Jewelry line.
In the Trade guild its capitalism gone wild! Trying to undercut everyone offering bad prices to hoard mats, and turning around with outrageous charges.

Now this is not everyone there are some very generous people in the trade guilds too, but there are always those people.....you know the type asking 1000gold for the free deadric thrones....
Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a new system drops people have no idea what something will be worth, so the prices are all over. Since I belong to three major trade guilds, I try to help guide the prices to something reasonable. I can usually make an educated guess at an items eventual value, and set prices at 1x to 4x that. So if a motif is brand new and something that will eventually be worth 20k, in the first 60 days I can try to guide prices from $80k down to $20k. Which isn’t terrible...there’s a premium for a brand new item.

But jewelry will be something new. People will want to race to the top, and there are tons of rich players. So my advice to more casual players is to go farm, sell it all at a ridiculous price, then buy it back in three months at 1/10th the price.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the clue is in the name right. The trade guilds are ..trading. Making a buck.

I get what you are saying and all. But that's the game for those folks. And people have options to go elsewhere like you say.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sold the free daedric thrones for 1000 gold. Not my fault some people don't pay attention. I've also given them away to friends who came back to the game and couldn't get them anymore.

One the same token, I've given away motifs and other really valuable items to guild mates and friends as well.

Essentially trade guild is for trading and selling. My other guilds are for helping each other out.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends opens random trade with various people after raids and loads the window with 1k daedric thrones :D
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I noted also that there are far fewer people doing wrothgar type sharing daily fests- I started doing it yesterday in zone and a few others and today the sharing of dailies is starting to roll on....so that's really nice! The coffers seem to be dropping motifs on average for 3-4 people of 12 (I limit my groups to 12, so all can loot boss) - so that's not too shabby!