The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SOLVED. Respec and crafting reserach

stitchesofdooom
stitchesofdooom
✭✭✭✭
edit: SOLVED. Turns out respec does not hinder multiple researching items.

options at Skill Reset Shrine:

1: reset skills
2: reset morphs

...where is 3: reset all skills except for occupied crafting research slots?
and maybe even 4: reset crafting skills?

if you respec skills you lose up to 2 reseaching items. Or has that changed yet?
Edited by stitchesofdooom on May 23, 2018 12:25AM
Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you're currently researching three items, when you respec, all three items remain researching, even if you don't put the points back in. The research time will no longer be reduced, though.

So, you can respec without worrying about losing any items currently being researched, but they will take longer to research unless you put the points back in.

ETA: If you don't put the points back in, you will also only be able to research one item once the three currently researching items are done.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 22, 2018 8:38PM
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    If you're currently researching three items, when you respec, all three items remain researching, even if you don't put the points back in. The research time will no longer be reduced, though.

So, you can respec without worrying about losing any items currently being researched, but they will take longer to research unless you put the points back in.

ETA: If you don't put the points back in, you will also only be able to research one item once the three currently researching items are done.

seriously? awesome! Last I checked this had not been the case.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well...I've done this multiple times when I've had research going, and have even respecced out of the research passives when my last few traits were finishing up. All three stayed as researching, though the time got lengthened.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well...I've done this multiple times when I've had research going, and have even respecced out of the research passives when my last few traits were finishing up. All three stayed as researching, though the time got lengthened.

thank God. Now I can get back some wasted skill points and put them into jewellry crafting.
    Edited by stitchesofdooom on May 22, 2018 8:47PM
    PCMR EU.
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭

thank God. Now I can get back some wasted skill points and put them into jewellry crafting.

btw, thanks for the advice. I now have 25 free skill points and crafting is still all good :-D
    PCMR EU.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're welcome! Glad I could help! Research does take up quite a bit of SPs that aren't at all necessary once it's complete. If you can handle the increased research times, then, yeah...pulling them out after you get the last three set up is a great way to free up SPs.