The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game crash after 10-30 min play [UPDATED WITH POSSIBLE FIX]

Jayman1000
Jayman1000
✭✭✭✭✭
I have deleted the contents of this post as I do not want to share the information herein anymore. Have a nice day.
Edited by Jayman1000 on September 4, 2018 7:12PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No advice on what to do?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are any number of reasons you could be crashing. Some are possibly ESO related. Most are not.

Best I can say on your end is disable any A/V you have, and keep background programs/processes to a minimum. If it's a conflict on your end that will make it easier to identify.

If it is an ESO issue, you'll have to take it up with Support.
    PC-NA Goat
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    For me the game has begun crashing after 10-30 min play. This didn't use to happen, I used to be able to play for many many hours without problems, only rarely would I get a crash. But with this frequency I may have to abandon playing and cancel my plus sub, because this is unbearable. I've tried removing all my addons and reinstalling the game, that didnt help. I checked my cpu and gpu temps, but they are fine. CPU (an i7-3770K) never gets above 60 celcius, and gpu (a GTX690 2GB) never exceeds 80 celcius; and I have 16GB ram. The performance is actually pretty good, I get 60fps most places, in cities it can dip to 30-40 sometimes, but usually above 50. This is on High settings and 1080p.

Any advice for me on how to proceed now?

80 Celsius? That's 176 Fahrenheit. WAY too hot!! That's why you're crashing. I start cringing when my temps get up to 75C.

I'd check the fans on your video card and possibly blow the dust out (your card is almost 5 years old) I'm sure there's a buildup of dust in your system.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    For me the game has begun crashing after 10-30 min play. This didn't use to happen, I used to be able to play for many many hours without problems, only rarely would I get a crash. But with this frequency I may have to abandon playing and cancel my plus sub, because this is unbearable. I've tried removing all my addons and reinstalling the game, that didnt help. I checked my cpu and gpu temps, but they are fine. CPU (an i7-3770K) never gets above 60 celcius, and gpu (a GTX690 2GB) never exceeds 80 celcius; and I have 16GB ram. The performance is actually pretty good, I get 60fps most places, in cities it can dip to 30-40 sometimes, but usually above 50. This is on High settings and 1080p.

80 Celsius? That's 176 Fahrenheit. WAY too hot!! That's why you're crashing. I start cringing when my temps get up to 75C.

I'd check the fans on your video card and possibly blow the dust out (your card is almost 5 years old) I'm sure there's a buildup of dust in your system.

80C is a normal temp for a GPU running at or normal 100% load on an air-cooled system with higher ambient temps.

If OPs CPU is running at 60C under load, it's unlikely there is a clog in his cooling system. i7-3770Ks have been known to reach up to 80-85C in normal operation under heavy load, 60C is a lower than average thermal, and wouldn't make sense if his cooling system was overtasked.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on May 22, 2018 7:03PM
    PC-NA Goat
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check for outdated mods and check error messages. ESO has memory leak issues as it is. Addons do it much worse
  • captainpost
    captainpost
    ✭✭
    I started having crash to desktop issues last night after I updated to Summerset.

I just did a repair to see if that helped. Maybe this is why they are doing a maintenance tomorrow.
  • clark71822
    clark71822
    Soul Shriven
    I've been experiencing the same issue. Just crashes to desktop, crash report dialog never comes up. I did come across the following in Event Viewer though:

Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5b034856
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x587decd7
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000006e75e
    Faulting process id: 0x4c98
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f2f489de9965
    Faulting application path: D:\ESO\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: 69454ea9-c8f2-42ea-b3b5-93526c6781f2
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

My system specs:
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    Windows 10 build 1803
  • Sav72
    Sav72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. after 10 minutes if not less. crash to log in screen with message. Check your internet connection
    Savoifair, EP NB

If you break something, you can glue it back together and fix it, but, it will always be broken...

• Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    Sav72 wrote: »
    Same problem. after 10 minutes if not less. crash to log in screen with message. Check your internet connection

That is what am having, but it's not the same issue the OP is describing. Make a separate thread for it.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No advice on what to do?

I just cleaned it out a month ago or so. In any case I don't think that is likely the current temps are causing it. What card do you have? Different cards can have different idle, full load and max temperatures. You have to consider that this is a GTX690 card, it was build for handling temps above 80 degrees celcius range when full load. I don't have issues with other games crashing, and I didn't have problems before for YEARS with this card and with these temperatures (actually it ran hotter back then (with no issues) because I used to play with 4K, but because I like 50-60fps better than 30-40fps I switched down to 1080p instead which took off some of the load).

I should also have mentioned then probably that game still crashes when I switch to minimum graphics (naturally my card does not get as hot on this minimum settings).
    Edited by Jayman1000 on May 27, 2018 11:18PM
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

80C is a normal temp for a GPU running at or normal 100% load on an air-cooled system with higher ambient temps.

If OPs CPU is running at 60C under load, it's unlikely there is a clog in his cooling system. i7-3770Ks have been known to reach up to 80-85C in normal operation under heavy load, 60C is a lower than average thermal, and wouldn't make sense if his cooling system was overtasked.

My cpu is water cooled so I maybe should have mentioned that. I feel the 60 max celcius under load is normal for watercooled.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    clark71822 wrote: »
    I've been experiencing the same issue. Just crashes to desktop, crash report dialog never comes up. I did come across the following in Event Viewer though:

Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5b034856
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0x587decd7
    Faulting process id: 0x4c98
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f2f489de9965
    Faulting application path: D:\ESO\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
    Report Id: 69454ea9-c8f2-42ea-b3b5-93526c6781f2

My system specs:
    Intel Core i7-7700HQ
    nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
    16GB DDR4-2400 RAM
    Windows 10 build 1803

I had the same happen to me several times in the last week as well.

Faulting application name: eso64.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5b073c48
    Faulting process id: 0x4edc
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3fb8052597042
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso64.exe
    Report Id: 2a5cf516-594b-4a49-84a5-908162816dd5

MY system specs:
    Intel Core I7-4790K
    16GB Memory
    nVidia Titan (SLI)
    Complete Watercooled system
    Windows 10 - latest May 2018 creators update.
  • DarkHero1989
    DarkHero1989
    ✭✭✭
    My game keeps crashing too. Finally glad to see I am not the only one with this issue. I was in Cyrodiil and crashed twice, I was in a battleground, and got deserter penalty,i was just farming materials, and also crashed. Been laggy earlier in the week, but I have noty dealt with issues that I have dealt with today. only staying on for 15-20min max
    @Skooma_Lord1989

-Lord Ra'Jhirr,
    Lord of Anequina.Grand Overlord to the Ebonheart Pact, and loyal servant of Alkosh
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think mine has to do with my Nvidia HD Audio Driver. I've had this issue ever since it was auto-installed last week. I don''t use the Nvidia Audio and had to disable it once, as it took over my Audio from another driver (Realtek Optical) I am using. Issues started at the same day last week.

I saw on a game forum from another gamer once he uninstalled the Nvidia Audio (he also had not installed) his Crashes to desktop stopped in that game. I think it was World of Tanks...
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    There are any number of reasons you could be crashing. Some are possibly ESO related. Most are not.

Best I can say on your end is disable any A/V you have, and keep background programs/processes to a minimum. If it's a conflict on your end that will make it easier to identify.

If it is an ESO issue, you'll have to take it up with Support.

I can almost guarantee you it is on ESO's side. Just look at the PC technical support forums and look at the number of threads relating to "Crash" since summerset released. They gon and fu cked up real gud this time.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had a random "ucrtbase.dll" related crash this week for the first time (after an hour of play).

Don't have Nvidia's HD audio installed.
    Edited by Lake on June 4, 2018 6:55AM
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MM-Addon or the old IPv6 Problem?
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crashing would have continued, however I appear to have found a "fix". It's not a very good one though. Every time before I play I run a repair... I have done this since I last posted in this thread (May 28, so about 7 days now) and since then I have only crashed when trying to play without having repaired just before launching.

This is not very fun to do repair before every launch but at least it certainly beats crashing in game. Crashing the game also have the very unfortunate side effect of addons forgetting all changes that you made since loggin in, meaning you can lose A LOT of settings and data depending on what you did with these addons.

So in conclusion: Repairing has now become part of my daily routine before playing ESO. *Thumbs up* ZOS.
    Edited by Jayman1000 on June 4, 2018 3:10PM