The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Im stuck with a boss (summerset spoilers)

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
SPPOILERS AHEAD
BEWARE

Okay
so... I can't beat k'tora. Im a magblade low level. About 13 or so......
I cant beat him, I get close but he heals because Im attacking the spitter and crab things and thus can't focus on the pearls and bam.
Im getting really frustrated with it
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bump
  • SALLEE
    SALLEE
    ✭✭
    I'm having exactly the same problem at level 50, I can get him nearly down then bam and its over, have tried so many times , this is the main thing I hate about this game, they make the bosses way too hard. Yes I know all you elitists will scoff and say "git gud" which is fine for you but not much help to someone not as good or able as you so if you don't want to offer help then don't comment.

regards
    sallee
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not done the complete main quest, but do you battle him more times than 1?

Cause I defeted him now when I went in the mind place thingiemajingie.

and he did not use any kind of heal and the orbs did almost no dmg. I am lvl 15 on this character.

I stopped doign dmg to him from time to time to see if he did anything except teleporting and summon some orbs that died in 2 light attacks.

Maybe you get some kind of bug? or what happends when you die?
    Edited by Yakidafi on May 24, 2018 4:27PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    I have not done the complete main quest, but do you battle him more times than 1?

After you defeat him once the voice at the geysers changes to somebody else, so I guess you only battle him once.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »

Cause I defeted him now when I went in the mind place thingiemajingie.

and he did not use any kind of heal and the orbs did almost no dmg. I am lvl 15 on this character.

I stopped doign dmg to him from time to time to see if he did anything except teleporting and summon some orbs that died in 2 light attacks.

Maybe you get some kind of bug? or what happends when you die?

Im in the one in the mind.
    He heasl when im still fighting so not death xD Its super annoying. I think its the pearls but I cant kill the pearls when im getting staggered by the throwing acid thing and crab man
  • Excession
    Excession
    Soul Shriven
    I also had problems with this mob.
    I was using a lightning staff, would get him below 50% and die, tried roughly 4 times, same result each time.

Switched to a crappy bow I had in my bag, killed him easily, taking hardly any damage at all, just using bow normal/heavy attacks.
  • Pantea
    Pantea
    ✭✭
    Can't get past him. Tried a trillion times. No more damage than down to 80% possible. CRY
    ...finally. Just concentrate on him, not on his minions. If you attack without pause, he cannot spill his pearls and loses health quickly
    Edited by Pantea on May 29, 2018 7:05PM
    Kaiserliche Drachenritterin
  • adelamorena
    adelamorena
    Soul Shriven
    The advice to use the bow helped me, as I had died already three times before browsing for help.
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also had success with the bow. My method was continuously light-attacking with the bow from the middle of the combat area, closing in all the time until I was close enough to fire off skills and maybe a heavy attack. Then K'tora will burrow underground and pop up on the opposite side. Run to the middle and repeat.

Keep your sustain up and don't let up on the continuous light bow attacks, and he'll rarely have a chance to spawn adds or orbs. The adds will swarm you if more than one group forms, and they'll kill you with a volley of cheap shots. You won't be able to multi-task fast enough to get them all.

K'tora's own attacks are relatively weak and annoying. Their purpose is to break your steady attack rhythm so he has the opportunity to spawn adds.
  • bburnett
    bburnett
    I finally beat him after 4 tries I’m dual blade stam/mag warden at first I was trying to clear adds first but he kept healing and I’d get overwhelmed than die than I went direct after ktora with non stop attacks and he didn’t get a chance too spawn adds just kept teleporting so just keep the heat on him watch his health melt away and use potions to keep your stamina and health up and eating a meal helps too before the fight.