The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Adblocker+ Addon

Ajintse
Ajintse
✭✭✭
Just kidding. There is no adblocker for ESO as long as I know. I mean, I wish it was...... All this commercial shizzle. I mean, I already have Summerset. WHY do I keep getting the AD for purchasing it?!
I mean, I LOVE Summerset. Really, a very great Chapter. I really love it. But, come on. Cut that Advertisement popup on first logon man jeez.
Edited by Ajintse on May 24, 2018 9:03AM
"The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could only get it once a day and not for every character you login with that would help.

Don't like the ad at all :neutral:
    Edited by lardvader on May 24, 2018 8:33AM
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    This addon can block the crown store adds.
    Edited by Vostorn on May 24, 2018 8:34AM
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it work? Will have to check it out. Thanks :smile:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Works like a charm. Have to toggle the thingie in the add on settings first though.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »

I've patched it yesterday to make it work.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭

essential mod now :smile: It's shameful that ZoS decided to ignore player feedback and go ahead with the big ad. But Thanks to players, we have a fix.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An ad-blocker will be available for rent for crowns in the crown store soon, just like what you get in mobile freemium games :trollface:
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. It's been in the game for years. It blocks all useless junk (LUA errors, leader board notifications, friend logins, PvP scroll notifications, crown store ads, etc.). It typically stops working after every major patch, and you realize just how much work it was doing as a giant crown store ad and 5 LUA errors greet you upon login. As you start playing, you are bombarded with announcements of random guild mates completing vMA and notifications every time a friend logs on or off.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 24, 2018 8:52AM
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vostorn wrote: »

Is there a separate patch from the addon itself? I was using it for months, but since the update, all I get is an LUA error from it.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    GabiAlex wrote: »

Is there a separate patch from the addon itself? I was using it for months, but since the update, all I get is an LUA error from it.
    Just delete the old addon (keep saved variables) and download the new one. It will keep the old settings.
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst an add-on solves this issue let's not let up on how bad this is, because in under two weeks a whole lot of players without add-ons will be subjected to this.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Minion is you friend
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever happened to the other thread?
    Has it been cancelled already? Lol
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Minion is you friend

Just found that there is a new addon, instead of an update for the previous one.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭

essential mod now :smile: It's shameful that ZoS decided to ignore player feedback and go ahead with the big ad. But Thanks to players, we have a fix.

Yeah! :smile:
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ajintse wrote: »
    Just kidding. There is no adblocker for ESO as long as I know. I mean, I wish it was...... All this commercial shizzle. I mean, I already have Summerset. WHY do I keep getting the AD for purchasing it?!
    I mean, I LOVE Summerset. Really, a very great Chapter. I really love it. But, come on. Cut that Advertisement popup on first logon man jeez.

Maybe you should buy the chapter again? Maybe one isn't enough? Maybe chapters will soon become like 'additional outfit slots'. Only one per character :trollface:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The original add-on has been abandoned. Use the fork that was linked.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst an add-on solves this issue let's not let up on how bad this is, because in under two weeks a whole lot of players without add-ons will be subjected to this.

I'm on pc but I really hope they stop this nonsense before Summerset goes live on the consules.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

R.I.P console friends
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Ajintse wrote: »

Maybe you should buy the chapter again? Maybe one isn't enough? Maybe chapters will soon become like 'additional outfit slots'. Only one per character :trollface:

xD. That's so ZOS.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody cares about non-pc. Your get to suffer because we beta tested for your game /s
    lol
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Maybe chapters will soon become like 'additional outfit slots'. Only one per character :trollface:

Please no! Don't give them ideas :joy:
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are overreacting. Log in, dismiss it and play. What is the big deal about this ?
    This doesn't interfere with my gameplay at all. Always this hysteria about little things.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    People are overreacting. Log in, dismiss it and play. What is the big deal about this ?
    This doesn't interfere with my gameplay at all. Always this hysteria about little things.

You like it? Good for you.
    People who don't like it, they finally have a way to hide it.

Simple.
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, didn't know No thank you was discontinued. Thx for the hint.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any bets on whether the next patch blocks the ad blocker?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

You like it? Good for you.
    People who don't like it, they finally have a way to hide it.

Simple.

Read before you speak. Where did I say that I like it ? I merely said that I don't care. It takes a fracture of a second to dismiss it and then I am good to go. If this bothers you, then you have me thinking.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.