The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's this I've been hearing about crown store items becoming trade-able?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Heard around the forums that some crown store items will soon be able to be traded between players. Mainly it was people complaining about "cash for gold" or something similar. Could someone please explain the specifics to me?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver

Best Answer

• Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They won't be tradeable, but starting with Summerset you're able to gift most items to other players, except direct unlocks and consumables.

For example, if you have a friend/wife/whatever wanting that new costume but all your crowns are on your own account, you can now buy her that thing.
    Answer ✓
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    afaik u can send someone a CS related gift
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to gift someone certain items from the crown store,

The fear is that people will "gift" items in exchange for gold. Thing is, there's no set-up for safe trading of CS items amd gold, so its very much at-your-own-risk right now.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will eventually turn into crown items for in game gold. But there are positives to it to for legitimate reasons, and certainly for zos.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    that would be a great idea, I have 3 dupe motif's that I purchased 4 years ago, that ZOS would not give me a refund on, been holding for that long, sure would be nice to get something for them
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although unfortunately it doesn't work for Crown crates contents.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    POps75p wrote: »
    that would be a great idea, I have 3 dupe motif's that I purchased 4 years ago, that ZOS would not give me a refund on, been holding for that long, sure would be nice to get something for them

I doubt that would work. As far as I understood you gift the items while buying them, flagging them as gift and send to the account you specify. You never actually get the item yourself. Unless they don't get picked up within 2 weeks, then they get send back to you, still flagged as gift. So you can't consume the item yourself but you can send it to another player.
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    With this change will it be possible to gift ESO Plus membership?
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already traded a motif from the crown store for 1 million gold......jk

At least I want to, but I don't want to get banned. Can I gift motifs to people and then have them pay me in gold?
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 22, 2018 3:28PM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already traded a motif from the crown store for 1 million gold......jk

At least I want to, but I don't want to get banned. Can I gift motifs to people and then have them pay me in gold?

So far, ZOS hasn't said anything for or against, so its at your own risk at this point.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you gift someone an item and they gift you 1mil gold what is the issue..

Gifting is ok as far as i can see..

Its when people cheat others thats when issues arise..