The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BGs since the update...

jrgray93
jrgray93
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I thought Summerset was supposed to bring improvements to BG matchmaking, and in theory, increase the pool of players. Playing BGs since the patch has been an absolute nightmare. Things were hard enough for a solo magplar prior to the update but now it is absolutely out of control. It seems like 80% of matches end up being deathmatch and every single match has been against a premade. One was four stamplars jabbing, trapping, and dawnbreakering people 4v1. Even worse, the queues are taking forever and games aren't being filled. More than half the time, I'm on a team with 2-3 players fighting those four-player premades. It's a joke.

Prior to the update, there was a solid chance of getting in BGs where there was at least some semblance of competition. Now it seems I can't avoid the worst types of matches. I was in a match with Fengrush last night and his team had three players. My team had three. It was a chaosball match in which both teams were shut out 500-0-0 by the premade. Even the biggest names in PvP are being stomped by this nonsense.

What is happening? Are average players just not joining the BG queue yet? Every time I try to do my BG daily, I end up frustrated and logging off when I'm done. There's nothing quite like doing 2x the damage of any single player in the match and still losing by an order of magnitude. It would appear you either join premades or die to them, with little in-between that at least used to exist from time to time.
EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Been getting more matchs vs premades as well, which is strange sense they told us it would focus premades vs premades and pugs vs pugs. Other then that is has been ok.

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve actually been getting grouped against solos/duos but 99% of the time my team mates are below 200 cp so it feels like I’m fighting premades lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are probably weird atm since Summerset just launched. Hopefully it’s not a bug in the matchmaking system!

After a few weeks it’ll (hopefully) settle down and be more like it was in Dragon Bones.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, BG matchmaking has not improved, and queues are ridiculously long (somewhat expected though as people do the Summerset content).

What sucks most is that deathmatch is the worst mode to fight premades, and 90% of my random queue games are deathmatch and always against tryhard cancer premades.

Also, damage across the board has gone through the roof (again). I feel like I'm popping like a balloon whenever someone looks at me lol. They need to find a way to reign it in...
    Edited by Solariken on May 24, 2018 2:48AM
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atleast you able to get in one.... I can on other chars but I cannot get a single queue to pop on my main char. I have tried everything. ZoS has not responded and I can't even access them.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The MMR is all kinds of funky right now.

Are you on a new character or have a relatively low win rate and average K/D?

Congrats! Here are some pugs to stomp

Are you on your main that you’ve played over 1900 BG matches on?
    You get to solo queue against full premades after waiting 30 min!

Being a “premade” will boost the ranking / status of the players in it, but some of us have such a naturally high MMR level / ranking / whatever that now we’ll never fight anything BUT premades or other really highly ranked players.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Being a “premade” will boost the ranking / status of the players in it, but some of us have such a naturally high MMR level / ranking / whatever that now we’ll never fight anything BUT premades or other really highly ranked players.

I haven't seen anything indicating that they've implemented an individual player MMR level. My understanding is that the new matchmaking system is just attempting to match grouped players against other grouped players.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Good thing I have 3 new characters I’m finishing up, huh?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen anything indicating that they've implemented an individual player MMR level. My understanding is that the new matchmaking system is just attempting to match grouped players against other grouped players.

There has always been an MMR:

What this patch did was increase the “premium” your own MMR gets if you’re in a premade Group.

It also increased the time before the system becomes tolerant of an uneven matchup.

For some of us with naturally high MMRs, the only competition according to the system are premade groups. And even then the system will struggle to fill us into slots.

Most of my matches were when I was the pug added on to a 3 man fighting two four mans.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What this patch did was increase the “premium” your own MMR gets if you’re in a premade Group.

It also increased the time before the system becomes tolerant of an uneven matchup.

For some of us with naturally high MMRs, the only competition according to the system are premade groups. And even then the system will struggle to fill us into slots.

Most of my matches were when I was the pug added on to a 3 man fighting two four mans.

This seems to be correct however the thing I wonder is whether the MMR is tied to your account or character? If it's by character then I'll ditch my main until they fix it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

This seems to be correct however the thing I wonder is whether the MMR is tied to your account or character? If it's by character then I'll ditch my main until they fix it.

I’m pretty sure it’s by character. I’d be surprised if your main didn’t have the same problems and I wasn’t surprised to see your main in pre v pre match yesterday/

• Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    So when the premades are rolling and you are solo queuing, queue on a rarely plaued alt to go seal clubbing? Is that how this MMR thingie works?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when the premades are rolling and you are solo queuing, queue on a rarely plaued alt to go seal clubbing? Is that how this MMR thingie works?

That is my working hypothesis lol

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    getting constantly put against premades in solo queue after 10-15min wait on average. Last night I had a 45 minute wait for a game that only had 3v3v4. I have had a few games were I thought maybe it was just a good pug group but every time I see the same players on the same team is makes it obvious its a premade after 3 or 4 games.

Kinda hard to enjoy BG's when you have a 98cp on your team, which funny enough did better then a player with gear, in deathmatch and the other teams are stacked.

I think the queue system must be bugged or something, there really isn't any explaining it at this point that I can see.

If it keeps up im going to have to LFpremade lol :trollface:

It can be a fun struggle to get kills on premades. It really pushes you to your limits, but it does get tiring after awhile. (10-15 games later)
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 24, 2018 8:32PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Daggerfalls and seen the new tent they have up for BG. I stopped and thought, "Why not, I can try it and see what it is like".

Sat in Que for 20 minutes and never got a match. I don't think I will be trying to BG anytime soon.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    this sounds very dissapointing as a console player yet to see the update. Currrently i wait less than 5 seconds for a match and as a solo player I've never had a problem with the matchmaking as is.......
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    I was in Daggerfalls and seen the new tent they have up for BG. I stopped and thought, "Why not, I can try it and see what it is like".

Sat in Que for 20 minutes and never got a match. I don't think I will be trying to BG anytime soon.
    What time of day was this? Near'ish to prime time, or something like 4am? If it was the former, and you've not been running BGs in the past, then it sounds like the queue system is bugged for at least some people.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    What time of day was this? Near'ish to prime time, or something like 4am? If it was the former, and you've not been running BGs in the past, then it sounds like the queue system is bugged for at least some people.

I'm not sure what time it was. The day summerset was released I had the day off, so it could have been mid day est. time maybe around 2 p.m.

So is the que normally not that long? If I played BG it would most likely be a DPS or Healer.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically players who've been playing for a while, with relatively decent kill-deaths and/or win-loss ratios are going to be severely punished by being forced to face premades more often?

I'm on console, so I haven't experienced the patch yet. But if this is accurate, and I'm waiting longer for less balanced matches, I'll be putting the game down until they change it.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, forgive my ignorance, but this is the first time I've seen someone knowledgeable state that Battlegrounds have MMRs.

Has ZOS ever confirmed this?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, forgive my ignorance, but this is the first time I've seen someone knowledgeable state that Battlegrounds have MMRs.

Has ZOS ever confirmed this?

Yes, i believe wheeler has commented on it himself as well. There has always been a very loose hidden mmr.
  • CO_Gibbs
    CO_Gibbs
    ✭✭
    The whole situation has me considering bringing my alts to BGs.
    My warden has probably a thousand games played. When I solo q I’m always up against premades. Last night I went up against two premades, both made up of players I know who have as many if not more games played.
    The game started with my 2 man (he was afk) against 2 4 man premades. Eventually he dropped and the BG closed. This was after a 30 minute wait.

I honestly wouldn’t mind going up against premades if we had instant q’s back.

Hopefully things get ironed out, but I suspect the whole system is flawed from the ground up.
    Edited by CO_Gibbs on May 25, 2018 5:38PM
    PC NA. 'Gibbs - G'ibbs - Gibbs'
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New patch this week , pvp usually take a hit because so many people are doing pve.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So basically players who've been playing for a while, with relatively decent kill-deaths and/or win-loss ratios are going to be severely punished by being forced to face premades more often?

I'm on console, so I haven't experienced the patch yet. But if this is accurate, and I'm waiting longer for less balanced matches, I'll be putting the game down until they change it.

Yup. Or you could play an alt.

When queueing as a group, it seems to take the average of the MMRs of the players. When we were queueing with 4 BG regulars we’d have 20 -30 min queue times, but when we queued with me on my main and everyone else on an alt, we’d get a pop in 7 minutes. That 7 min pop would happen regardless of if I was grouplead or if a brand new lvl 50 alt was group lead.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    at least you all can play in a BG. I get into one after a 5 minute load screen. Then another 5 minutes load screen after each death.

Die 2 times and GG; enjoy your stay in load screen purgatory lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    at least you all can play in a BG. I get into one after a 5 minute load screen. Then another 5 minutes load screen after each death.

Die 2 times and GG; enjoy your stay in load screen purgatory lol.

Delete your shader cache

• Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    My experience has been; near instant pops, enter to a 3v3v4 or 3v4v4, premade/domination fest. Just the same general long loading screens I get in overland, pve etc since SS dropped.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting so many fill games last 2 days as well.

People are just quitting as soon as they are put vs a premade and so they quit and I keep getting put into these games as a replacement, it sucks.

https://imgur.com/a/hoFJtdx The guy on my team was AFK in the spawn btw.

Edit: got put in another game right after this, match lasted less then 3 mins it was almost already over by the time I got put in it...

The premades causing so MANY people to just quit out cause its such a *** problem. I have now played 3 games tonight sense I logged in, not one of them from the start of the match, this is some ***!!! Can't even get the daily ffs. Should just be a SOLO Q option and you get put with ONLY other solo queuers.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 27, 2018 5:19AM
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes I also thought summerset was supposed to make more balanced teams in bg's but now its much worse than before and its close to be like ons tart bg's where you needed to wait very very long for single match and you get as random to random 3 players team with you agaisnt 4 players in premade

even in day Ididnt get single match without any premades queuing as random without team
    before patch even when we was fighting against full premades team we atlest had option to have also full team (4 players), now we have mostly 4v4 v3 or 4v3v3 and we never get last missing player to match

how we are supposed to just win battle as 3 randoms agaisnt 4 players team premade?
    it wasnt easy to do daily for 3 win bg's before patch with randoms, ok but now its just insane, 10 matches and even single win and more matches in row without win, without full team or atleast 3 person premade its imossible to just do daily for only 3 wins

it need to be fixed fast or atlest rerolled how it was before summerset because those system before summerset was more more efficient to creating teams than now and it didnt needed dozens if minutes to create single match
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    yes I also thought summerset was supposed to make more balanced teams in bg's but now its much worse than before and its close to be like ons tart bg's where you needed to wait very very long for single match and you get as random to random 3 players team with you agaisnt 4 players in premade

even in day Ididnt get single match without any premades queuing as random without team
    before patch even when we was fighting against full premades team we atlest had option to have also full team (4 players), now we have mostly 4v4 v3 or 4v3v3 and we never get last missing player to match

how we are supposed to just win battle as 3 randoms agaisnt 4 players team premade?
    it wasnt easy to do daily for 3 win bg's before patch with randoms, ok but now its just insane, 10 matches and even single win and more matches in row without win, without full team or atleast 3 person premade its imossible to just do daily for only 3 wins

it need to be fixed fast or atlest rerolled how it was before summerset because those system before summerset was more more efficient to creating teams than now and it didnt needed dozens if minutes to create single match

I have given up queueing with my main.

The low MMR queues and BG matches are amazing. No premades and fast queue pops. Just can’t play on a character that’s done more than 50ish BGs in the last year.