The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Jewelry materials/platings without Summerset

ghastley
ghastley
✭✭✭✭✭
I've noticed that non-Summerset players can collect Pewter etc. but can't use it. Will the plating and trait materials also be dropping outside the zone, so that those players can give the full set of ingredients to a crafter to make something for them?
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since you cannot interact with a jewelry table you can't get the materials from refinement or deconstruction... I'm afraid you would not be able to fully provide your own mats unless you too had Summerset. You might get some of the trait mats that come from as rewards from various activities, but will never get the improvement mats without Summerset is my understanding.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe that's correct. You can provide the raw base mats that you can collect from seam nodes, but without being able to refine it, you wouldn't be able to provide refined base mats, the three trait stones that come from refining (arcane, robust, healthy), or the platings.

You could provide trait stones for the ones that come from PvP and Undaunted dailies as well as weekly trials (triune, harmony, and bloodthirsty). And, you could provide or sell traited jewelry that also drops from those activities for a crafter to research.

IIRC, the others are gated behind Summerset activities or JC activities.

ETA: You could, however, provide these items to a crafter by purchasing them at guild traders, but that would probably be rather expensive.

ETA 2: Just looked at my notes, and I see that the protective trait can be found in pulverized form in seams, so you could provide that to a crafter.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 23, 2018 8:27PM
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the way, work is nearing completion on Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Jewelry Crafting as well, which might help you or others out with some additional knowledge. Just an easy page to bookmark with all the things Jayne just mentioned.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    By the way, work is nearing completion on Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Jewelry Crafting as well, which might help you or others out with some additional knowledge. Just an easy page to bookmark with all the things Jayne just mentioned.

Thanks, Trevalaur! Looking forward to it. I have your site bookmarked and already checked out your update to alchemy.