The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Jewelry Crafting Stations

Madhattr64
Madhattr64
✭✭✭
I want one for my guilds house but do not have the writs to purchase it. Jewelry crafting stations are not showing as purchasable through the housing editor and when a guild member bought one it was bound to them and could not trade or mail it to me.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the basic jewelry station is bind-on-pickup for some strange reason. You have to buy it yourself. Attunable jewelry stations are not BoP.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why is the basic jewelry crafting station BoP?! This is a different behavior from all the other crafting stations. As a “Soon to be” Grand Master Crafter, I’ve furnished several others’ houses, including crafting stations. Why the change?
    Edited by lygerseye on May 22, 2018 3:35PM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The jewelry station ARE different, in that other players who don't have Summerset can't use them. I'd imagine the BoP is part of that. It stops you giving or selling it to someone who can't use it.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    The jewelry station ARE different, in that other players who don't have Summerset can't use them. I'd imagine the BoP is part of that. It stops you giving or selling it to someone who can't use it.

I understand where you’re trying to go with that, but then why still put jewelry crafting stations all around Tamriel? If you don’t have SI, you can’t use any of those, either. They kept the Tansmute station exclusive to CWC (unless you spent the 1250 Writ Vouchers to get one). Also, as pointed out above, attunable JC stations can be traded... So why the difference?
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet they change one or the other next week. Not sure what was intended at this point.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldn't matter if you can use it or not. You can buy motifs that you dont have the skills to use, you can buy Cake vouchers from traders that were from the first anniversary before they were bound (this still hasn't been fixed). Everyone should be able to buy it, even if they can't use it. They might have other players that can use it, or need to use it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can understand them being bound so that players who can't actually use them don't end up buying one thinking that this will give them the access that the stations throughout Tamriel don't. But, as asked previously, why then are the attunable ones NOT bound? It could lead to the same thing with someone thinking that an attunable version would give them the access that ones in the world don't.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I can understand them being bound so that players who can't actually use them don't end up buying one thinking that this will give them the access that the stations throughout Tamriel don't. But, as asked previously, why then are the attunable ones NOT bound? It could lead to the same thing with someone thinking that an attunable version would give them the access that ones in the world don't.

I agree. I'd have expected the attunable ones to act the same. Maybe the expectation is that someone who'd know how to attune a station isn't the naive scam victim type?
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    Where do you get these? I went to the master writ guy and didn't see a jewelry station to purchase, and yes I do own Summerset.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironshoe7 wrote: »
    Where do you get these? I went to the master writ guy and didn't see a jewelry station to purchase, and yes I do own Summerset.

The Jewelry station is available from the other writ reward person (forgot her name) who stands next to Rolis Hlaalu
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faustina, Rolls' new toy
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the JC Station still Bind on Pickup? the tooltip doesn't say.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***