The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hundings Palace Tall Ship / Pirate Ship

davey1107
davey1107
✭✭✭✭✭
Credit to ESO Fashion user Deadanne, who created the starting point Breton furnishing ship I based this on.

My friend has been working for his fishing achievement for TWO YEARS, ha, and was bummed he still doesn’t have boats to put in his Hundings Palatial dock. So I surprised him by building a pirate..er, privateer ship for him.

It’s made mostly of Breton furniture, which is square and has an appropriate wooden plank look. I think redguard has enough pieces that a ship could be built of that style. I’d also be tempted to try a Redoran/Hlaalu version...the dark wood might look nice. As you can see, we went hardcore AD on this one, lol. I’d imagine it’s a privateer vessel, which sails around pretending to be honorable and enforcing the law, then if it spies a vulnerable EP or DC ship it sinks them. Oops.

The forward quarters is based on an actual 55’ wooden ship I sailed on in college. Believe it or not, the real deal was a bit more cramped. The master bed would be raised and up further into the bow, then there were two pull down bunks next to the stove. The redguard grill is actually a lot like our cooking surface on The Atlantis. Just it was on a swing arm so that it stayed level as the ship rocked. (Everyone go into your kitchen now and imagine cooking on your stove where it looks like the stove is staying level, but the room is swinging up and down 25 degrees...barf). We did make fisherman’s stew a lot.

The rear compartment has a lot of my nerdy references to the actual history of these ships. The rum and barrels everywhere...a lot of these ships would carry expensive casks of English liquor to the colonies, brandy or bourbons. Then when they sold those off, they distilled suger cane because there wasn’t really another use for the empty casks, and when they got back they'd have rum. I put a pink seashell on the desk in honor of the Hudson Bay Company, which sailed from London to Fort Vancouver, Washington via Honolulu for over a hundred years. When they got from London to Hawaii they’d sell off their initial cargo, and needed weight for the trip to Vancouver. So they’d take on all these seashells, and when they arrived they’d dump them as pathway materials to Clear space for goods. There are still paths lined with millions of tropical Hawaiian shells, and a lot of weird plants in that area. Why’d they go all that way? (It was an 8 month trip) Beaver pelts, which were used to make felt hats. A ship loaded with pelt was worth about $8 million in today’s dollars.

It was a fun project. It makes me want to build a larger version with an actual lower deck and statesroom, lol. But I’m actually maybe taking a break from the nautical life on this next one. I have this vague idea that I could turn one of the Reapers houses into a replica of Frank Lloyd Wright’s “FallingWater.”

https://youtu.be/jtZ0gYxjEl0
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work! That is super cool, it looks really, really good.
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, that ship looks amazing. Really appreciated reading your extra historical details, and the vintage narration and music over your video too XD.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Too bad it has all those filthy dominion markings on it.
    [DC/NA]
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sweet! Nice job.
    I play this game a little bit I guess