The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

BG's Full Gameplays.

ShadowMonarch
ShadowMonarch
✭✭✭✭
Every once in awhile you get a perfect game of BG's, I assume it happens more for premade players but I pretty much just solo Queue so far. Solo Queue is awesome when you happen to get a teammate(s) that know what to do and you can form a rhythm with, it doesn't happen often but when it does it is super awesome! Here are a few perfect games I have had with my glass cannon Magnb gank build, people sure do send a lot of rage tells when your magblade hits like a stamblade lol! Already prepared for the build complaints below, but you know what, I played against stam proc sets forever, now there are magika ones and im gonna USE them. If you want to see me play a different build your welcome to go back into my Cyrodil footage from about 2-3months ago and beyond.

Without Further Ado!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZwv3zQQKvU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28cKUdAE2X8&t=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGP823I32K4
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Build complaint
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhetorical question suggesting an inverse correlation between proc sets and player skill level. Unsubstantiated hypothesis about OP’s own skill level, mandatory complaint about popularity of chosen class, and thinly veiled insult about OP’s ability to perform on other classes and builds.

Compliment designed to be endearing and portray me in a less antagonistic light.
    Edited by Thogard on May 18, 2018 9:43PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see people posting gameplay of BGs

Not sure what I think about calling them “perfect games”.. Would be more impressive without the absolute cheese of proc sets and cloaking away in game types that don’t encourage sustained combat.

Yes I do. It is unimpressive cheese and I discourage anyone from playing this style. It is bad for BGs.
    PCNA

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

Not sure what I think about calling them “perfect games”.. Would be more impressive without the absolute cheese of proc sets and cloaking away in game types that don’t encourage sustained combat.

Yes I do. It is unimpressive cheese and I discourage anyone from playing this style. It is bad for BGs.

To be fair, if you routinely solo q nothing you do is going to equal the amount of cheese you see from pre-mades. I have no issue running any amount of cheese because I’m consistently facing 4 people in voice coms together, I can imagine OP feels the same
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

To be fair, if you routinely solo q nothing you do is going to equal the amount of cheese you see from pre-mades. I have no issue running any amount of cheese because I’m consistently facing 4 people in voice coms together, I can imagine OP feels the same

I absolutely agree. When groups are stacking with Earthgore, the Fang Lair monster set, spamming heals, healing ultimates, etc. I'll use whatever skills/sets/tactics I can to at least pick up one or two kills in the match.

But according to some, I should be ashamed and play with more honorable tools! Then I'll really know how to counter these groups instead of using the cheese!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I absolutely agree. When groups are stacking with Earthgore, the Fang Lair monster set, spamming heals, healing ultimates, etc. I'll use whatever skills/sets/tactics I can to at least pick up one or two kills in the match.

But according to some, I should be ashamed and play with more honorable tools! Then I'll really know how to counter these groups instead of using the cheese!

I mean, as a mageblade if a coordinated group has a Stam Sorc or a NB with mark in it then your match is basically going down the toilet. At least when stacking procs for burst it allows you some quick kills even in those matches.

Yeah, it lets you cheese people, but I’m taking whatever advantage I can get tbh.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Zaan and calurion’s are bad and all, but they’re not even close to earthgore. There is no set that generates more reason to be ashamed than earthgore, and there is no good group that uses it.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean, as a mageblade if a coordinated group has a Stam Sorc or a NB with mark in it then your match is basically going down the toilet.

This right here, People HIGHLY underestimate the damage mark target, or magelight, or detect pots can do to your match if your a magblade, and how much of a hard counter stam sorc is. Most BG's people don't even bother to use them, but when people do it makes a huge difference. I probably only survive getting marked 10% of the time tbh. I see detect pots even less often but when people do use them, specially a premade, its almost impossible to get away alive. The tools to counter stealth are their, people just don't like to use them. I myself prefer to have shadow image on the bar but if a NB is giving some trouble I will slot Mark Target, and well you can see the effects of that from the first video, Those Nightblades really couldn't do anything once they were marked. Doesn't matter if marktarget is worse for my build overall if you want to counter a specific ability you have to make concessions in your own build to do it, which is were most people fall apart I think, they don't want to change out a single ability or ect.

Imagine for a moment shields were as counter-able as stealth. Imagine if there was a potion that let me just bypass shields, or if I could use magelight and sorcs just couldn't cast shields anymore. People would lose their minds. Stealth counters are very available and while you might be able to survive them sometimes, its definitely not the case in the high majority of times. I do understand people have a hard time with detect pots and magelight vs Stamblades, but that isn't because of cloak. It is because stamblades can consistently dodge roll for 3 miles while cloaking in between the rolls with a 15% dodge change all the while.

If anybody out there is having trouble vs cloak I would urge you to try to use some anti-stealth abilitys present in the game, if you get good at placing it and casting it to catch us when we don't expect or right when we are trying to go in for a kill then you will be very surprised at the results. I can tell you from experience if a team is playing and making good use of anti-stealth tools it is nearly impossible to be effective in that game at all. It is a complete match shutdown.

There are good teams that will make a point to spam aoe, snares, anti-stealth abilitys, and hunt you down, then their are bad teams that will let you just dance around them in stealth and blow them up 1 by 1 by 1. Usually its the teams that make not a single effort to counter you that send rage tells.

The procs are nice on a class like magblade, were normally our only burst damage ability we have to build up with 5 light attacks, were as a stamplar can power of light you anytime, or a warden can throw his beetles out at any time. It really helps us hit more like a stamblade, they can just go rambo every 4 seconds with a huge burst. It is pretty damaging to survivablity though, which is why this build works best as a gankbuild.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 19, 2018 8:15AM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think people would be mad because shields aren’t even half as good as stealth as a defense mechanic specially in no cp,m

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Zaan and calurion’s are bad and all, but they’re not even close to earthgore. There is no set that generates more reason to be ashamed than earthgore, and there is no good group that uses it.

Fengrush often runs with 2 earthgores in grp. I don't think its something that he plans and more the ppl he groups with althogh he really doesn't do a lot of BG's
    Edited by Galalin on May 19, 2018 12:21PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, as a mageblade if a coordinated group has a Stam Sorc or a NB with mark in it then your match is basically going down the toilet.

This right here, People HIGHLY underestimate the damage mark target, or magelight, or detect pots can do to your match if your a magblade, and how much of a hard counter stam sorc is. Most BG's people don't even bother to use them, but when people do it makes a huge difference. I probably only survive getting marked 10% of the time tbh. I see detect pots even less often but when people do use them, specially a premade, its almost impossible to get away alive. The tools to counter stealth are their, people just don't like to use them. I myself prefer to have shadow image on the bar but if a NB is giving some trouble I will slot Mark Target, and well you can see the effects of that from the first video, Those Nightblades really couldn't do anything once they were marked. Doesn't matter if marktarget is worse for my build overall if you want to counter a specific ability you have to make concessions in your own build to do it, which is were most people fall apart I think, they don't want to change out a single ability or ect.

Imagine for a moment shields were as counter-able as stealth. Imagine if there was a potion that let me just bypass shields, or if I could use magelight and sorcs just couldn't cast shields anymore. People would lose their minds. Stealth counters are very available and while you might be able to survive them sometimes, its definitely not the case in the high majority of times. I do understand people have a hard time with detect pots and magelight vs Stamblades, but that isn't because of cloak. It is because stamblades can consistently dodge roll for 3 miles while cloaking in between the rolls with a 15% dodge change all the while.

If anybody out there is having trouble vs cloak I would urge you to try to use some anti-stealth abilitys present in the game, if you get good at placing it and casting it to catch us when we don't expect or right when we are trying to go in for a kill then you will be very surprised at the results. I can tell you from experience if a team is playing and making good use of anti-stealth tools it is nearly impossible to be effective in that game at all. It is a complete match shutdown.

There are good teams that will make a point to spam aoe, snares, anti-stealth abilitys, and hunt you down, then their are bad teams that will let you just dance around them in stealth and blow them up 1 by 1 by 1. Usually its the teams that make not a single effort to counter you that send rage tells.

The procs are nice on a class like magblade, were normally our only burst damage ability we have to build up with 5 light attacks, were as a stamplar can power of light you anytime, or a warden can throw his beetles out at any time. It really helps us hit more like a stamblade, they can just go rambo every 4 seconds with a huge burst. It is pretty damaging to survivablity though, which is why this build works best as a gankbuild.

The counter to shields is to do damage to them. Every dmg skill in the game is a counter to shields.

But cloak on a magblade isn't nearly as OP as cloak on a stamblade and i dont want ot get off track here.

• ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhetorical question suggesting an inverse correlation between proc sets and player skill level. Unsubstantiated hypothesis about OP’s own skill level, mandatory complaint about popularity of chosen class, and thinly veiled insult about OP’s ability to perform on other classes and builds.

Compliment designed to be endearing and portray me in a less antagonistic light.

Seriously? Rebuttal including facts and figures which substantiate but in no way expressly limit the concept being conveyed. A statement of statistical data provided by respected authorities on the subject, unable to be refuted, which shines light on heretofore unexplored possibilities.

Anger.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »

Seriously? Rebuttal including facts and figures which substantiate but in no way expressly limit the concept being conveyed. A statement of statistical data provided by respected authorities on the subject, unable to be refuted, which shines light on heretofore unexplored possibilities.

Anger.

Theatrical Exclamation of disbelief that my position is being challenged. Attempt to portray challenger as inexperienced. Purposely brief paragraph implying my time is more valuable than yours. Intentional disregard of posed questions.