The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Quests Auto-Tracking Now

Niliu
Niliu
✭✭✭
Anyone else having this issue now? Every quest I pick up starts tracking right away. Never did that to me before. Can't find a setting to switch this off.
Gimme back my sweetroll or so help me
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's because ZOS changed it to work this way with the update. There is no setting to turn it off (yet).
  • nesteacool
    nesteacool
    Soul Shriven
    Yep I noticed that too.l'm glad because I'm currently questing through older zones, kind of a new player so its helpful for me but an off switch I wouldn't be opposed to for those that don't want it auto tracking.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    That's because ZOS changed it to work this way with the update. There is no setting to turn it off (yet).

Ah, this is where reading patch notes comes in handy I suppose, my bad.

Alright well, hopefully they change it in the future, thanks for the tip!
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My problem is that it automatically switches to new quests you pick up.
    I tend to pick up quests as I do main quests,
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Niliu
    Niliu
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    My problem is that it automatically switches to new quests you pick up.
    I tend to pick up quests as I do main quests,

Yea, that's my issue too. I understand some people want it, which is fine, but a toggle would've been sufficient I think.
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    I find this change frustrating, and gave feedback to that effect when it was implemented on the PTS. A toggle would be a perfect solution, because I'm sure some people prefer this change, but for me, I need the consistency of my tracked quest to keep track of what I am trying to do in the game, regardless of how many other quests I pick up in the meantime. It isn't helpful if I decide to pick up a quest as I pass it and then can't remember what I was trying to do before the new quest pushed the old one off my compass.
    PC-NA