Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Stuck in Ventral Terminus....

erliesc
erliesc
✭✭✭
The part where you need to align the valves to get the construct to activate....seems to be STUCK...no go? What's the clue?
I know nutting....
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a funny puzzle. If you log out you will be put outside, so better to do the quest in one go.

Massive spoilers

To complete the quest you need to direct the steam from the beginning to the end. When you adjust the knobs you adjust the direction of the steam flow, but starting from the wheel closest to the terminal direct the steam down the pipes to the next valve. You can tell where the steam is going by subtle white haze rising from one side.

It bugged for me a couple of times. First time on the steam puzzle, second time with the powered gates you encounter later. Good luck.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    Well...I've had more than a couple of quests fail to work...usually logging out and back in works. Sometimes abandoning the quest works.

Problem is that it will drive you around the bend if you don't know whether it's just your inability to solve a puzzle...or the quest is bugged.

In this instance the piping and it's routing is NOT rational...but I guess it's game so rational goes out the window?

An UNPLEASANT reality with this game....
    I know nutting....
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember having some trouble with this puzzle as well. I don't remember how I solved it but it wasn't as straight forward as I thought it would be. Just keep at it, you should get it eventually, it's not bugged. It's a strange puzzle.