The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the "[Dungeon Name] II Assassin" Achievements doable on Normal Difficulty?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to get Akatosh's Scales Gold. For that, I need the Assassin achievement from seven different dungeons. I just want to make sure I know exactly what is required before I begin so I don't end up wasting my time.

At the time they were introduced, the II variants of dungeons were Veteran Difficulty, but now the II variants are classified as different dungeons and are playable on Normal Difficulty. The achievement names have been changed to specifically refer to the II variants, not the Veteran Difficulties of the original variants. The Veteran Difficulty isn't mentioned at all in the achievements themselves, but they are all located under the Veteran Dungeons category in the achievements menu.

Can someone please clarify this for me? Can I get those achievements on Normal Difficulty?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost all the achievements for the base game dungeons are only doable on vet. On normal you can mostly just get the completed on normal achievement.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Speed run, no death and hard mode achievements can only be done on veteran. It says so in their description.
    Edited by Asardes on May 19, 2018 1:53PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you cannot get them on normal difficulty.

Don't be confused by what they once were before One Tam. After One Tam, those former distinctions are over.

As you noted, the achievement itself is under 'Veteran Dungeons.'
  • CultOfMMO
    CultOfMMO
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't be much of an achievement if doable on norm lol

Most if not all listed achievements are in vet even if not specifically mentioned
    vHoF HM 202k Tick-Tock Tormentor (Stamblade)
    vAS HM 111k Immortal Redeemer (Magplar)
    vCR HM 129k Gryphon Heart (Magblade/plar)
    vSS HM 245k NA 2nd Godslayer (Stamcro)
    Magblade vMA 601k
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if im not mistaken the achievements are even in the subsection veteran dungeons, therefore it should be self explanatory that you need to do it on veteran. And as a sidenote it even says it in the description of the achievements that you need to do it on veteran.