The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[SUGGESTION] Rest bonus for "sleeping" in bed

Negwereth
Negwereth
✭✭
All thoughts and numbers are fictional and can be vary for your please

I thought of that sort of things too, and, yes, we have Enlightment. so XP buff is irrelevant. So, what is relevant? Stats.
Let's imagine system like this:
  • You get, lets say, 15 min stat bonus for each hour you slept;
  • Max accounted sleep time is, lets say, 12 hours which maxes out buff duration to 3 hours;
  • Bonus size depends on bed furnishing quality and varies from 4% to 12% for single stat and from 3% to 8% for tri-stat bonus;
  • You get Well Slept status for a half of slept time, meaning that you will not accumulate rest bonus until this status wears off.
Type of buff:
  • Health buff: Nord, Orc, Argonian beds;
  • Stamina buff: Khajiit, Bosmer, Redguard beds;
  • Magicka buff: Altmer, Breton, Dunmer beds
  • Tri-stat buff: Imperial bed;

Buff scale:
  1. Green Bed: 4%
  2. Blue Bed: 8%
  3. Purple Bed: 12%

So, when you sleep in your Khajiit Bed, Faded for 8 hours, you'll get 8% Stamina buff for 2 hours. You will be able to start gaining Rest bonus after 4 hours.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But in an MMO, your current character never sleeps. And your other characters are logically asleep all the time. You just created a reason not to log in.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we could actually "sleep", sure. But we can't pass the time the way we could by waiting or sleeping in other TES games.

If you want a daily buff, its enlightenment. You can get various other buffs by doing things like lighting wanderers campfires or the Anka-Ra sites or finding Ayleid wells, but I think most of those can no longer be carried into trials due to people abusing them.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - I would not support the racial buff because races already have their passives... it would widen the gap

Instead, tri-stat buff for all, and let's keep your % increased by the quality of bed

- Have an animation for bed using, to start with !

On could interact with bed like with a chair, and the character would lie down

Maybe a "dialog" option to chose :
    [Accept] Sleep (a fade-to-black for 5 seconds, granting you the buff)
    [Refuse] Wake up (your character will stand up out of the bed)
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Negwereth
    Negwereth
    ✭✭
    - I would not support the racial buff because races already have their passives... it would widen the gap

I didn't meant to be Khajiit to get Stamina bonus, I meant to "sleep" in Khajiiti styled bed to get it.
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭
    I played some FF14, and the way your character hops into bed and logs out is such a great bit of polish.

ESO has housing, and easier solo play, but it could definitely benefit from some FF14 like polish, they really do have some special touches that linger in the memory.

Every game has their special points, but ESO could do better in QOL changes that might not add much functionality, but draw players into the fantasy.
  • Aethereal'Golden
    Aethereal'Golden
    ✭✭✭
    I like the way characters fall asleep in FF14 :)
    It would be horrible to choose some ugly beds while your room was designed... no matter how, but in a different style. So no 'boundaries' because of stat buffs, please. However, some additional enlightenment may be a good idea.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Negwereth wrote: »
    All thoughts and numbers are fictional and can be vary for your please

I thought of that sort of things too, and, yes, we have Enlightment. so XP buff is irrelevant. So, what is relevant? Stats.
    Let's imagine system like this:
    • You get, lets say, 15 min stat bonus for each hour you slept;
    • Max accounted sleep time is, lets say, 12 hours which maxes out buff duration to 3 hours;
    • Bonus size depends on bed furnishing quality and varies from 4% to 12% for single stat and from 3% to 8% for tri-stat bonus;
    • You get Well Slept status for a half of slept time, meaning that you will not accumulate rest bonus until this status wears off.
    Type of buff:
    • Health buff: Nord, Orc, Argonian beds;
    • Stamina buff: Khajiit, Bosmer, Redguard beds;
    • Magicka buff: Altmer, Breton, Dunmer beds
    • Tri-stat buff: Imperial bed;

Buff scale:
    1. Green Bed: 4%
    2. Blue Bed: 8%
    3. Purple Bed: 12%

So, when you sleep in your Khajiit Bed, Faded for 8 hours, you'll get 8% Stamina buff for 2 hours. You will be able to start gaining Rest bonus after 4 hours.

This is a wonderful idea, I always use to log out sleeping in a WoW inns a long time ago and I have always wanted to log out sleeping in my bed, so I always seat myself in a chair.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! :)