Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

ENGLISH PLEASE

diewreckb14_ESO
I speak English why is everything in my forums some other language? how do I switch to English. Why isn't my default English when I have never chosen another language and I signed up in English.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    You must have found the English category if you're here to post, so not everything is in another language. Why do you have issue with other languages sharing the same space as you? I prefer this over separation, it make them feel like they are more a part of the community as a whole.
  • trahe
    trahe
    ✭✭
    And I LOVED that some of the mobs speak in other languages.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I speak English why is everything in my forums some other language?
    Everything in 'your' forums isn't "some other language", in any case there are umpteen threads here with the same complaint, a new one wasn't needed.

• nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) You're clearly in the English forums.
    2) There are other languages in the world. If you don't speak the language on the forum link, then don't click it.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    I speak English why is everything in my forums some other language? how do I switch to English. Why isn't my default English when I have never chosen another language and I signed up in English.

Sorry you had this problem, I do hope you understand that ESO is a multicultural game so there's bound to be support and parts of the forum reserved for non-native English speakers as well in order to make sure they are helped just as well as English speakers.

As for your issue, this might be my unattentiveness but I have not noticed an option to change my language in the forums. If I am wrong about this, be sure to correct me. It could be you accidentally clicked on the foreign language box under the tab you were selecting as they are quite close to eachother.

If there are any problems, you could send me a PM. I'd be happy to help you out with any problems.

Greetings,
    Beucko
    Edited by Beucko on April 2, 2014 2:10PM
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    On to a more important topic. Did you know that there is no cheese in Cheesemonger's Hollow?
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Xionar wrote: »
    You must have found the English category if you're here to post, so not everything is in another language. Why do you have issue with other languages sharing the same space as you? I prefer this over separation, it make them feel like they are more a part of the community as a whole.
    He has a point...I hope they plan on separating the forums or at least giving us the option to hide forums. it's annoying having all these superfluous forums clogging everything up.

Not saying there should be no non-english forums, just that it makes sense to keep them separate.
  • fredarbonab14_ESO
    fredarbonab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Superfluous forums, oh boy.
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    On to a more important topic. Did you know that there is no cheese in Cheesemonger's Hollow?

By the Divines...

• CodingSquirrel
    ^^ Superfluous forums, oh boy.

They're completely superfluous to him. He's never going to read them. Context man, context.
  • kyuven
    kyuven
    ✭✭
    There's always some entitled English speaker who comes around and thinks their language is the only one that matters...
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    It is hard for me to credit the extraordinary whining about seeing additional languages on the same forum.

Yes, it's a little clunky organizationally, and may change down the road, but THIS silliness is the flag you want to fly?

French and German speakers (not to mention other language natives) deal with this kind of thing all the time. Put on your big boy language pants, and clink on the English language threads.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Why should they have to deal with it either? Why can't French users only see French forums if they want?
  • Sonic260
    Sonic260
    ✭✭
    There should at least be a check list in the account settings that allow you to check which language subforums should or shouldn't be visible.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Inadequate punctuation and improper capitalization may indicate the OP does not actually use English.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • CodingSquirrel
    kyuven wrote: »
    There's always some entitled English speaker who comes around and thinks their language is the only one that matters...

"entitled English speaker"? So apparently everyone but those "entitled English speakers" are going and reading every piece of information in every language it's translated into? This goes for any of the supported languages, what's the point of showing all of the same info in each language in the same place? It's badly organized to throw it all together.

This is the only gaming site I've encountered which doesn't have the forums separated by language. Normally you pick your language and the content of the site changes depending on that.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    Inadequate punctuation and improper capitalization may indicate the OP does not actually use English.
    LOL! Not in 2014 America.

• Tamisan
    Tamisan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow how Anglo-centric. You do realize that the #1 language in the world is NOT English. And that you can ignore those posts.
    I know now what I was born to do.
    ―Martin Septim
  • Engwar
    Engwar
    ✭✭
    Troll