Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

New player Templar

rarfo22b14_ESO
rarfo22b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
I decided to make a templar healing,but i need a Templar Build Healing dont know where i should put my points
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game! I will offer some broad beginner tips that won’t contain spoilers and focus on stuff I’d have liked to know when I started.

Attribute points: as a healer, you’ll probably be a magic character. Attribute points can confuse new players, so here’s a really complicated hard to remember rule with them - just put them all into your fighting resource. Ha. But yes, they can all go into magic or stamina depending on your build. The way the game works, you end up pushing to get as much in that resource as you can. You can dump everything into one, then you can use armor enchantments to get more ofmthe other resources if you need to.

Skill advisor: the game has a nifty skill advisor now that will help guide you. What it doesn’t explain we’ll is that to get the right advice, you need to tell it the right build. In the skills menu, go to skill advisor. In the lower right it tells you how to get into the build selector (its L3 on PS4, not sure about other systems). There will be 4-5 builds in there...pick a magic build that sounds good to you.

Healer vs dps: in eso the classes are pretty versatile, and end up learning everything they need to know to be any role. You won’t really be making choices that makes you a better healer but worse dps. You can do both. So feel free to work up the damage skills as well, or even run the skill advisor as a dps build.

Things to do/know first

Class skill lines: these level by using skills from that line. The more you slot, the faster a line will work up. Try to level all three of your class skill lines pretty evenly...but in case it helps, this is how they work up.

Weapon lines: same deal...use abilities in the lines to level the lines and the abilities. There are six weapon lines in eso. To have them show up on your menu you need to equip that kind of weapon and kill something. Even a skeeer...that’ll do it. In case you want to see the full range of weapons and abilities open to you.

Armor: this levels by wearing armor of that type. But to get each of the three lines to show up, you need to put on three pieces of that gear (dumb). If you don’t see light, medium and heavy, go scrounge some and put it on for a second to open these lines. As a magic character you can focus on light and heavy.

Join the mage and fighters guild: do this in their halls in your zone one starter city (vukel guard, davins watch, daggerfall, and I think in vivec city). This will put these lines on your menu and let you start working them up. They work differently - fighters works up when you kill undead, and mages works up by collecting blue glowing lore books. No need to slot skills to level these.

Go to Cyrodiil: when you hit level ten, go into your campaign menu and join a campaign to hop into Cyrodiil. If you want to PvP or explore, go for it. But if you don’t, at least do the five minute starter quest there. You get a skill point and your alliance war skill lines. This will allow you to unlock retreating maneuvers, a speed boost skill that is REALLY helpful for new characters when they mount around.

Free wayshrines? Join a guild. Sometimes people play for a long time before they figure this out. You can travel to the nearest wayshrine to any online guild mate *for free* at any time. You can use this for free travel, or to unlock new wayshrines if you don’t want to mount all over. Once you join a guild, go to social...guilds...select guild...roster. Everyone who is online will be listed with a green dot. Select that member and then travel to player. Note - your guildmate isn’t notified or anything. You just get ported as close to them as possible. Use this feature freely!

Other info? You can always post questions in the forums, but if you want more comprehensive guides ESO Academy is really good. If you want an iOS or android assist, I use an app called...remarkably...the eso app. Maps, dungeon maps, general guides...it’s pretty helpful.
  • rarfo22b14_ESO
    rarfo22b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    thank you for the help
    Edited by rarfo22b14_ESO on May 18, 2018 2:23PM
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, all 64 attribute points into magicka for templar healer. As you level up, build up all three armor skills - eventually you will want 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy piece. As said above, work on Fighters Guild and Mages Guild. Also work on Undaunted. Doing a simple daily delve for them will eventually get you the undaunted passives you want to make your 5/1/1 armor optimize.

Develop both resto and destruction staff (lightning).

Experiment with the templar, destro and resto skills. Here are some very good ones:

Templar: Extended Ritual, Channel Focus, Shards, Reflective Light, Purifying Light, Breath of Life, Puncturing Sweep, Radiant Glory/Oppresion.
    Destro staff: Elemental Drain, Blockade.
    Resto staff: Mutagen/Rapid Regen, Healing Springs, Combat Prayer.

As you can see, there are more than 10 good skills so work with them and see which best suit your style.

To practice your healing, seek out world bosses with other players and try to keep them buffed and alive. Also, hang out at dolmens when others are around for the same thing. Once you build up some confidence and comfort keeping others alive when fighting big foes, consider some normal group dungeons - I recommend you start with ones in the Alliances (not DLC) and the 'I' versions (not II versions).

Good luck and enjoy! The templar makes a fine healer.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 18, 2018 5:32PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops, double post - sorry.

Edited by AcadianPaladin on May 18, 2018 5:30PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • rarfo22b14_ESO
    rarfo22b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, all 64 attribute points into magicka for templar healer. As you level up, build up all three armor skills - eventually you will want 5 light, 1 medium and 1 heavy piece. As said above, work on Fighters Guild and Mages Guild. Also work on Undaunted. Doing a simple daily delve for them will eventually get you the undaunted passives you want to make your 5/1/1 armor optimize.

Develop both resto and destruction staff (lightning).

Experiment with the templar, destro and resto skills. Here are some very good ones:

Templar: Extended Ritual, Channel Focus, Shards, Reflective Light, Purifying Light, Breath of Life, Puncturing Sweep, Radiant Glory/Oppresion.
    Destro staff: Elemental Drain, Blockade.
    Resto staff: Mutagen/Rapid Regen, Healing Springs, Combat Prayer.

As you can see, there are more than 10 good skills so work with them and see which best suit your style.

To practice your healing, seek out world bosses with other players and try to keep them buffed and alive. Also, hang out at dolmens when others are around for the same thing. Once you build up some confidence and comfort keeping others alive when fighting big foes, consider some normal group dungeons - I recommend you start with ones in the Alliances (not DLC) and the 'I' versions (not II versions).

Good luck and enjoy! The templar makes a fine healer.

thanks
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a beginner healer I'd say forget about destro staff, and concentrate for both resto.
    If destro staff is recommended just for the elemental drain, you don't need it really, as you have Radiant Aura from Restoring Light skill tree. More efficient in draining magicka from enemies because of aoe effect in 28m radius.
    Also there are so many magicka DDs with destro staves in ESO - let them use elemental drain and blockade instead as it's their role. Don't let them to persuade you that it's not :expressionless: .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."