Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Am I doing something wrong?

illogicbh
illogicbh
✭✭✭
I've played about 20 hours since 5 day early access started and am only level 10. I feel like I am always staying busy questing or crafting when I am online I am in Dominion and now I have been struggling to find quests in Auridon. I see other people that are already level 50...what am I missing here? Is there a faster way to level than questing? Am I doing it wrong?
Savvy?

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are having fun, you aren't doing anything wrong.

Actually, most people are leveling at your rate (the normal).
  • Skillet
    Skillet
    ✭✭✭
    You're missing nothing. Level 50's are the ones missing something :)
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    They are level 50 from exploits....or they have been playing nonstop in PVP and have been able to repeat the repeatable quests at an extremely fast rate or something else.

Regardless, there is nothing wrong with what you are doing, what is important is that you are enjoying what you are doing
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ones who hit level 50 were doing something wrong.

Your timeline and level sound about right. Don't worry about it. This is a slower leveling game, but fear not! You still PvP at level 50, so all is well.
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Played around 20 hours and level 24. However, i did the first 2 zones in beta and thus rushed through it a bit :)
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you're not doing anything wrong. I've been playing since Sunday and haven't hit 10 yet (I keep creating new characters - it's a sickness I swear).
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im assuming the reason for time compared to leveling is more to do with the travel involved with each quest/relogging to get balreth to WORK RIGHT! and maybe a bit of sight seeing...

I see nothing wrong here..Besides Balreth.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    You'll soon be seeing complaints from the level 50s that they are bored because they're out of things to do. These are people who blew through content one way or another, and players who do this appear in every new MMO. No worries, if you are having fun, you're doing it the right way.
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone!
    Savvy?

• Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Shimond altitus is REAL! I have it too.

But if you read through all the text it will take you longer, naturally. Plus there is crafting, gathering of materials, etc.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im assuming the reason for time compared to leveling is more to do with the travel involved with each quest/relogging to get balreth to WORK RIGHT! and maybe a bit of sight seeing...

Balreth works, it's that you need to bring it down quickly (possibly before it bathes at least once) or it will bug out. If you doing it with 1 or 2 mates, it's easy and doesn't bug out
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    @Shimond altitus is REAL! I have it too.

But if you read through all the text it will take you longer, naturally. Plus there is crafting, gathering of materials, etc.

I keep on getting lost and forgetting what I was meant to be doing, like "Didn't I setup one hour ago to go to Ash Mountain?? So what the hell am I doing... here??". I just see something and have to go explore it...
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

Balreth works, it's that you need to bring it down quickly (possibly before it bathes at least once) or it will bug out. If you doing it with 1 or 2 mates, it's easy and doesn't bug out

Actually the problem wasnt bringing him down, it was that the npc had been knocked down or otherwise somehow left combat, if you do not kill him until you make sure the npc is attacking him on that last hit it will work.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play as you are comfortable playing and don't feel pressured by the perception of progress made by others; as long as you are enjoying the game your doing it right.

Also, as some people have noted, those who are level 50 likely are not playing in a fashion that the average player will enjoy.

I personally look forward to exploration and questing.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »

Actually the problem wasnt bringing him down, it was that the npc had been knocked down or otherwise somehow left combat, if you do not kill him until you make sure the npc is attacking him on that last hit it will work.

No, if you took too long to kill it, at the end the NPC would disappear and the Essence wouldn't appear. If you killed it quickly, that didn't pass (NPC wouldn't despawn etc etc)
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing you are doing wrong is letting others control how you play or make you feel guilty for not racing to max level.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    @illogicbh There is no way one could enjoy the depth of the storyline and be lvl 50 already. They're missing out on what makes the ES games great! (IMHO)

I really wish there was a way to collect all the little notes and books you can find laying around. A library was a must have for my homes in Skyrim.

Anyway, those guys who are 50 now are the ones who will have no idea who or what they are fighting in the end game or the back-story to explain it. Where is the fun in that?!

But, to each their own I suppose...
  • Frosthawk
    Frosthawk
    ✭✭✭
    I did also Domionions two first islands in beta and yet i have re-started gaming twice on this Early acces time due too fast moving forward in story, some how lvl gaining seems to be much faster than it was in betas, maybe too fast.
    EU - Adlmeri Dominion
    Sanquin's tester
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, it does feel glacially slow.
    It's not helped by the bugged quests and the fact that you get nothing until you complete. so if you do have to abandon a quest, it's a complete write-off.

The short XP_bar makes it look like nothing is happening too, it hardly moves.
    But what the heck - its probably as fast as any other game to end-game. There are only 50 levels.

And yes, There have been reports of an exploit that people have been using to level. Dumb!
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    If you played the beta and know what to do and where to go and have friends to group with to make the quests go by faster, it's easy to hit 50. I played 2-3 hours last night and got to level 10. I'm not even using the exp ring.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭

No, if you took too long to kill it, at the end the NPC would disappear and the Essence wouldn't appear. If you killed it quickly, that didn't pass (NPC wouldn't despawn etc etc)

ok both then, because I didnt pay enough attention when it completely bugged before trying new things, and just bursting him down it still bugged, but making sure the npc was in combat and bursting him down caused it to work
  • pema
    pema
    ✭✭✭
    after the first isle(the big one) you have several area's that you can explore. I'm lvl 12 now and havn't finished auridon. All in good time and good fun.
    you can kill a lot of enemies then lvl fast go to cyrodill fast and do all you can do to get the most XP. but like others say, is that what you want?
    Officer of Alith Legion
    Ebonheart Pact guild, EU server.
    Check out our site alithlegion.com
  • ManiacMcLaughton
    As has been said, who is to say what is right and wrong in this game? Its an open world... if you are getting your moneys worth (to yourself), then there is no greater worth. To some people that is "crushing content" and speed leveling to reach "end game".... I dont' understand it, but its what makes them happy.

For others (people like me), its taking my time, enjoying the stories, and exploring this amazing world.. soaking up each and every detail.

If you want to level faster, do quests. Mob grinding doesn't do much for you. If you don't care, then keep playing the game the way that makes you happy and don't worry about everyone else. I have a level 9 and a level 7 since Sunday... and i'm perfectly happy for it.
  • Kivos
    Kivos
    The Beauty of a game like ESO is you get to play your way! don't worry about what level others are if you are enjoying your time in Tamriel than you are winning!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

So...Balreth DOESNT WORK! This is called a bug.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Bloodsip
    Bloodsip
    ✭✭
    I have been playing since Monday and put in about 20 hours. I just hit lvl 14 and don't even have all of the big island in AD finished. I have been doing a ton of crafting, not sure if that helps regular exp or not.
  • illogicbh
    illogicbh
    ✭✭✭
    My passion is PvP...im a natural battle leader. Will I be able to level at a decent rate if I just spend all of my time in PvP?
    Savvy?