Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Items Listed in Guild Trader when Access is Lost

rikimm16_ESO
rikimm16_ESO
✭✭✭
What happens to the items I’m selling in my guild trader if I don’t pay the guild’s fee and get demoted, losing access to use the guild trader?

Are those items still accessible to external buyers in the kiosk?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your items should be sent back to you in the mail, similar to if they expired after 30 days, though I've never tested that myself.

Otherwise, they might remain listed, but you'd be unable to list any more items.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 18, 2018 3:47PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happened to me once years ago; the items were returned to me in individual cancelled item mails.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I left a guild, and had mistakenly posted stuff in their store, probably thinking it was a trade guild.

I found out when I got the stuff in the mail. You won't lose it, but the listing fee is of course gone.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to stay in the guild but not pay my fee for a while. I’ve been demoted before losing access for a couple of hours and the items didn’t return to me by mail, they stayed in the listing. I’m just unsure if other players can still find them and buy them in the kiosk.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to stay in the guild but not pay my fee for a while. I’ve been demoted before losing access for a couple of hours and the items didn’t return to me by mail, they stayed in the listing. I’m just unsure if other players can still find them and buy them in the kiosk.

You can still find your own items if you browse the kiosk through the trader, so you could check yourself.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Side note, if you aren't paying your fee or otherwise helping out the guild ... aren't you just dead weight?

You would be exactly one of the guildies in my trade guild's weekly purge. Luckily, you're not.
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Side note, if you aren't paying your fee or otherwise helping out the guild ... aren't you just dead weight?

You would be exactly one of the guildies in my trade guild's weekly purge. Luckily, you're not.

Not necessarily. For example, my sales bring more to the guild than a weekly fee due to the Guild’s cut when selling stuff. If you keep the items listed and they sell, the guild gets a nice cut, specially when stuff sells for 40k+...

So think twice before purging a “dead weight” heh.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭

Not necessarily. For example, my sales bring more to the guild than a weekly fee due to the Guild’s cut when selling stuff. If you keep the items listed and they sell, the guild gets a nice cut, specially when stuff sells for 40k+...

How so? There's a maximum number of spots in a Guild, therefore if you don't contribute - You are deadweight.

Even if you well stuff, you can't post new stuff and you'll always contribute 'x' amount less than someone who pays their weekly selling fee.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't make the guild that much money. The guild tax is 3.5% (another 3.5% just vanishes because ZOS wants to keep inflation down).

So if you sell an item for 40k, your guild made 1,400 gold off that item.

Now, I don't know your guild or what their requirements are. But one of my major trading guilds has a 50k a week sales or 10k in donations/raffle requirement because frankly, Guild Taxes don't cover the trader bids.

Truthfully, I'd have to sell close to 285k worth of items to reach 10k in guild taxes. Selling the bare minimum of 50k only nets the guild a whopping 1,750 gold from my taxes. See the problem? I can do 285k, some weeks easily, but most guild members can't on a regular basis, so nearly every trading guild has to make up the shortfall in guild taxes with auctions, raffles, and mandatory sales/ticket requirements or some combo of all that.

Now, its possible that you are selling more than enough that your guild taxes actually cover your requirement, in which case you might be a better fit in a guild that has a sale requirement rather than a ticket/fee requirement. I chose guilds that have sales requirements I can meet because I'm good at selling and terrible at remembering to put a weekly amount in the guild bank.

A final example: if a 500 member guild wants to fund a $3 million trader bid with just guild taxes, each member needs to sell 172k gold worth of items every week. I don't know about your trading guilds, but mine don't manage to cover the trader bid with just guild taxes. So an accurate requirement for that guild is that all members need to either sell 172k gold worth of items or pay a fee of 6k a week.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 19, 2018 2:33PM