The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[REQUEST] Addon for Tracking Research Times

Vlos
Vlos
[REQUST] for a new add to Track Research Times.

Description: The idea is that it's a pain to have to run to each and every crafting station just to see how much research time is left. Or if you are looking in a guild bank to try and remember which Trait you need for which item(weapon/armor).

So it would be nice to #1 List current remaining Research Times per skill.

It would also be nice #2 to know which Traits you have already researched (may need check boxes for this /user input).

It would/should also #3 show research times for other characters on account, though here you don't need to show on-screen all the time, but more likely a popup (or mouse over) for details.

Lastly it would be nice #4 if it could handle multiple accounts.

Logical Design: Basically I would think you would want an file (XML, or delimited) which tracks account, character, skill, item, trait, researched, time-remaining.

So for an example:
Account "XXXXX"
Character "Vlos"
Skill: "Woodworking"
Items: Restoration Staff(Charged:Researched,Weighted:,Power:3h:24m), Inferno Staff, Bow, etc.

You would have the following delimited lines:
XXXXX|Vlos|Woodworking|Restoration Staff|Charged|Researched
XXXXX|Vlos|Woodworking|Restoration Staff|Weighted|
XXXXX|Vlos|Woodworking|Restoration Staff|Power|3h:34m
XXXXX|Vlos|Woodworking|Inferno Staff|
XXXXX|Vlos|Woodworking|Bow|Defense|Researched
etc...

Someone could also develop an XML format for the file. To track across multiple accounts you only need to prefix your data with account name.

Vlos

• Pawkette
    Pawkette
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lua
    Mac: Pawkette< Templar, DC >
    PS4: Pawkette< Templar, AD >
  • waadoya
    waadoya
    Soul Shriven
    i also find multi quest tracker addon useful for leveling.
  • Noxxys
    Noxxys
    I'm using both addons mentioned above, very useful.
  • Vlos
    Vlos
    While this addon is a great start, the issue with this addon is it's only for the character you are on. So if I have a crafter toon, and my PVP toon, I never know when my crafting is up/ready on the Crafter toon without logging in.