Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Things I don't like about this game... even though I freaking love this game

Pixii
Pixii
✭✭✭
I have no idea where to categorize this thread, so I'm adding it to New Player Questions, because I assume it could be helpful to new players who want some opinions on the game.

CONS
- a lot of the bugs I 'reported' during Beta are still present in the game
- I really don't like the way /stuck works. I get stuck ... way more than I should be, and I'm PENALIZED for it. My character dies, and incurs damage to her equipment (that could be an auto-pop up, or it's actually happening) and is sent to the nearest waypoint, which usually means I have to trek back to where I was to begin with.
- I fall through the map more than I should. I quit Age of Connan's launch because of the same issue. But in AoC I was falling through the map like every 2 minutes. (I wound up re-playing that game like a year or two later.)
- Sometimes my character can't move after combat. Forcing me to log out and log back in
- Sometimes enemies kill me because I have to log out and log back in after I've been frozen
- Can't reply to in game mail
- When you sell an item at the Guild Store, you receive a piece of mail that says "an ITEM has sold" instead of "you sold 10 Jute Scraps!"... which kind of sucks in keeping track of which items are selling well for your character. The Guild History does list who is selling what to whom, but that doesn't tell you what YOU are selling specifically unless you sift through the list. It's just not the most convenient method.
- You can't type in an item name in the Guild Store to purchase the item, only to sell it. Which doesn't make sense really... because clearly, the coding ability is there.
- I'm a little disappointed in my arsenal, but I'm also not done with the game, so I can't really complain.

The above list of Cons seems like a lot, but in reality, they're not a deal breaker. I know that (even though this issues were brought up during Beta) they will be fixed in time. I just have to be patient, and I'm willing to be. I also know that Pre-Launches are sometimes issued so the Devs can figure out what they need to fix before the Official Launch, so I'm crossing my fingers that these issues will be resolved soon.

PROS
- smoothest Pre-Pre-Launch (5 day head start) I've seen so far. I never experienced a server shutdown, login queue, server maintenence, etc. I logged into the game at 6am, played for a bit. Logged out, got right back in. Very minimal lag issues.
- semi-smooth Pre-Launch (3 dat head start). Essentially the same as above, although today I was greeted with unscheduled server maintenance, but it lasted no more than 30 minutes.
- Although there is no Auction House, the ability to maintain 5 Guilds and buy/sell/trade through the Guild Store is an interesting concept. It's also pretty awesome.
- The acting is phenomenal obviously. I love the fact that Dumbledore is the Prophet
- The storylines for the Side Quests are just an detailed and in-depth as they were in Skyrim... sort of. I feel like Skyrim had a little more interesting stories, but I'm glad ESO didn't fail in fun things to read/listen to.
- I feel like Experience Gain is a little easier than it was in Beta. During Beta the Testers where given goals that many were unable to achieve. Either because the servers were constantly getting pulled, or because they just couldn't get to Level 10 during the short weekends.
- Once you focus on a task, it's very simple to do. Be it questing, farming, crafting, extra. You just need to get the hang of it, explore a little, figure it out, and it's easy peasy.
- crafting is super fun. i've always loved ES crafting
- skyshard collecting is addicting

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.
There's a lot more I can say, but I'll leave it at that
I hope everyone is enjoying this game as much as I am.
<3 Pixii

• Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been stuck, unable to move etc so far. Also haven't fallen through the world.

The only cons I have are related to quests that don't work.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm, I haven't had the 'falling' since beta nor have I been stuck since beta, although I know quite a few have. /stuck always worked okay for me though while I've heard it isn't always working for others, and I like you always found being penalized for being stuck it is a bit harsh.

Haven't come across any broken quests yet (touch wood) although I'm probably close to doing the frog race which I believe is still bugged.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unequip everything before /stuck, if you can.
  • Pixii
    Pixii
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Unequip everything before /stuck, if you can.

Seems like a no-brainer and yet I didn't even think about it! Lol thanks for the tip!
  • Nicolyne
    Nicolyne
    ✭✭
    I have no complaints aside from the userid's, I had no idea people would see that. I would have picked something else..lol