Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Templar or Nightblade Healer

Saebira
Saebira
I'm having some serious class commitment issues. I want to main heals but have the option to DPS when I get bored. I prefer ranged and kiting overall, especially with a bow. If I melee, I love stealthy styles. I guess I like having the option to play many roles, used to main a Druid.

I played Sorc, Temp and NB in beta and leveled to 20s on the 3 but not to max. When ESO released I was certain I was going Sorc for the sustained mana. Problem was their other trees really didn't appeal to me and I felt dumb for picking a class just for Dark Exchange.

So I rerolled Templar.
I've hit about the same level on that as I did the Sorc and having second thoughts once again. The mana issues are really killing me, I find them frustrating. Also not having a CC like Sorc/NB have is throwing me off too.

If I want to main heals and be a strong support, is Templar worth sticking with? Or is it safe to go with a NB healer? I know Zeni said they plan to add more heals, and they're aware of Templar mana issues. I haven't found enough info on NB heals.

Any experienced VR healers have any input on the two? Well, opinions from anyone is fine!

TLDR: I want to be a strong healer main but have the option to bow DPS with kite style. Temp or NB?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Either works. Templar has the benefit of having more healing options. Nightblade has a really great magicka recovery tool in the siphoning line. Nightblade also has more stealth/invis options as you're already aware I'm sure. I can't tell you which you'd enjoy more :P
  • SmithNL
    SmithNL
    ✭✭
    Temp!
    I live for science!
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be a real healer you need the restoration staff. It restores 10% magicka with heavy attacks on the last tick. Nightblades can restore even better with leeching strikes.

If you are not willing to take the restoration staff you will not be able to be a reliable healer.

What you do in solo content does not matter. You don't need healers for solo content.