The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How To Ignore/Block Spammers

commandline
Annoyed of all the gold and guild spammers?

Expand your CHAT BOX to the maximum size allowed.

Scroll through the CHAT BOX and RIGHT CLICK on the SPAMMER then select IGNORE.

Enjoy the peace :)
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Doing this has been working for me, yet sometimes they add too many lines to see their name with a maximized chat box. Just change the chat text to the smallest setting. Don't forget to report!
  • commandline
    I agree!
  • SinBad
    SinBad
    ✭✭✭
    There is also a SpamFilter addon that automatically ignores spammers for you.
    I haven't tried it my self, but you can give it a try also. Head to esoui.com

"Tired of having to manually ignore spammers? This addon adds some utilities that allow you to automatically /ignore spammers in the Say, Yell, and Zone channels."
    Myrmidons, my brothers of the sword. I'd rather fight beside you than any army of thousands. Let no man forget how menacing we are, we are lions! Do you know what's there, waiting, beyond that beach? Immortality!Take it, it's yours!
  • kitchenguy65_ESO
    kitchenguy65_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm...I must have glanced right over that add-on, Thanks!
  • commandline
    Thanks SinBad, I didnt know there was a SpamFilter addon. I will check it out; esoui.com
  • Sindirnum
    Sindirnum
    that add on works very well, I immediately noticed a difference
  • Spike914
    Spike914
    You saved my chat log !! The spam was out of control.
  • pennaceb14_ESO
    I can't believe we have the gold spamming. It should be a bannable offense. If some one is gold spamming. They have bought an account and are paying 15 a month for it. I would hope the devs are going to have zero tolerance for it. So far I have heard. Right click on their name and ignore them. They are missing the whole point. I don't want to see gold spamming at all.
  • odinwise
    odinwise
    I've been reporting them every time. I almost don't want to use the add-on simply because if they aren't being seen, they aren't getting reported, and they aren't getting removed. Then again they aren't getting business either, and what's more of a punishment...them paying with no business or getting banned and not paying for the account?

at least I hope they aren't getting business lol.

also...I think I may have just talked myself into using the add-on while typing this post. XD