Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Zenimax--- its 2014 I dont want to be hacked where is my Mobile Authenticator all AA MMO's havethem

Glithanes
Glithanes
✭✭
Zenimax--- its 2014 I dont want to be hacked where is my Mobile Authenticator ?

Are you working on this for smart phones?
You all will save your CS customer service people a lot time and money from stolen accounts and items by adding Mobile Authenticator , again its 2014 and all AA MMO's have them now.

thanks!
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want your account to be compromised, practice good security. Don't visit shady sites, use good AV/anti-malware programs, etc.

Authenticators are a nice option, but they're hardly necessary. If you protect your information, you'll never need one.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Vyrthure
    Vyrthure
    ✭✭
    Authenticators are a nice option, but they're hardly necessary. If you protect your information, you'll never need one.

I agree, and I'd rather they focus on the launch for the time being.

• Zorak
    Zorak
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't want your account to be compromised, practice good security. Don't visit shady sites, use good AV/anti-malware programs, etc.

+1
  • Rek
    Rek
    ✭✭
    Given you can't log into someones account without access to their email, and their email and account names are separate, things should be pretty secure compared to where most games where before they had Authenticator. That said, I won't argue against adding more security.
  • Glithanes
    Glithanes
    ✭✭
    I would love to see more feedback on this!
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory it's a nice idea but more for games that don't have other 'defences'.
    To login in TESO from a new IP you'll need to apply a code you receive in your email so to hack you they need access to your email

I'd say, if someone still gets hacked this way, it's because he is dumb
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/21yvux/shortly_after_system_message_about_disabled/

dont think an authenticator or good security practices would have blocked that lol
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's a AA MMO? Is that like a battery we all share?
  • loops73
    loops73
    ✭✭
    authenticators are a joke,been playing mmos for years and never had any problem without one. just protect your info and don't waste your money on one.
    Edited by loops73 on April 2, 2014 1:33PM
  • Know
    Know
    I've used a mobile authentication system on only one game, and it was because I was given free in-game goodies for doing so...

If you don't have a silly password, don't try to install "magic cheating software" from suspicious websites, and keep your computer free of keyloggers, you're unlikely to ever have a problem with this, since you'd also have to lose access to your e-mail...
    Persons appear to us according to the light we throw upon them from our own minds. -Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    loops73 wrote: »
    authenticators are a joke,been playing mmos for years and never had any problem without one. just protectect your info and don't waste your money on one.
    yeah, only benefit I have ever seen is I get an extra 100 cartel coins every month even if i havent played SWTOR for a year lol
  • Sarenia
    Sarenia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use randomized 16-128 character passwords and store them in a 256bit AES encrypted database with one very strong password to unlock (via KeePass).

I have never had an account hacked, anywhere, ever, and I never will unless a strong organization deems to directly assault my network to steal my recipe for matzeh ball soup and some pictures of my cats.

I recommend trying this.

Authenticators are just a nice way to abuse peoples' fear of hacking in order to get their personal phone numbers.
    Edited by Sarenia on April 2, 2014 1:34PM
    [beta_group_85b_9]
  • Cowgomoo
    Cowgomoo
    In the real world, there is no such thing as perfect security. Authenticators are not a waste; they add an additional layer of security. Who would want less options when it comes to security?
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mobile authentication will be a nice addition; as it stands however it is hardly a requirement and certainly not a priority at launch.

Make sure to use best practices regarding security including a strong password.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cowgomoo wrote: »
    In the real world, there is no such thing as perfect security. Authenticators are not a waste; they add an additional layer of security. Who would want less options when it comes to security?

As mentioned, they're a great extra layer of security for the paranoid/uninformed. However, the OP makes it sound like they are a mandatory requirement for protecting an account, which is simply not true.

Prior to Blizzard and Gmail using them, I was only aware of banks and government agencies using keyfob authenticators.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Cowgomoo
    Cowgomoo
    Cowgomoo wrote: »

As mentioned, they're a great extra layer of security for the paranoid/uninformed <snip>

I probably should have quoted the person above me. Anyhow, that's the thing. There are a large number of uninformed people out there. I don't know the internal workings of this company, but I'd be willing to assert that they don't have 100% of their allocated resources working on fixing X bug simultaneously. For example, we have an info security team at my place that would be working on this sort of enhancement.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Shinozuka
    Shinozuka
    ✭✭✭
    If you want an authenticator and/or a general function mobile App like for checking on crafting and such /feedback it. Heck /feedback for stuff you'd like to see all the live long day. I'd like a mobile app and a barbershop (as an example)
  • Cowgomoo
    Cowgomoo
    Gedalya wrote: »
    I'll just leave this...
    That man sure could have used an authenticator!
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    Glithanes wrote: »
    Zenimax--- its 2014 I dont want to be hacked where is my Mobile Authenticator ?

Are you working on this for smart phones?
    You all will save your CS customer service people a lot time and money from stolen accounts and items by adding Mobile Authenticator , again its 2014 and all AA MMO's have them now.

thanks!

Yeah! And I want a cool in-game gift for getting one too!
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

Oh.

My.

God.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »

Oh.

My.

God.

I know seriously? He didnt even put his sheets on the bed....
    Edited by Trouvo on April 2, 2014 2:44PM