The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Sand Giants?

Everstorm
Everstorm
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Whrn you start the Craglorn storyline you talk to a guy who says he saw a sand giant hack a horse in two. But there aren't any sand giants in Craglorn. (Unless they appear in trials, haven't done those).
So I wonder: is the guy making stuff up or are there actually sand giants in the TES universe?

Best Answer

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren't any in the trials, biggest thing (outside of bosses) are the Trolls in SO.

UESP lore entry doesn't mention any Sand Giants by name either. http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Giant

Maybe it's some fluff ZOS added, would be interesting if they followed up on it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aye, I did Craglorn several times and always found it odd to bring them up right at the start without them actually playing a role.
    There is a giant in the Alik'r desert: Lonely Papa. Not sure if he counts like a subrace.
    Edited by Everstorm on March 28, 2018 9:10AM
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TES universe, yes.The thermal springs area (quite sandy) in Skyrim's Eastmarch was full of Giants, although most were on the tundra in Whiterun hold. There's quite a lot of areas not yet part of ESO that could have them.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say that sand giant maybe was the Warrior before he went to hel ra if thats possible
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I remembered some of the more dangerous mobs in Hel Ra being larger than normal human-sized mobs but I might be thinking of the big banners on their backs.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Tucker3711
    Tucker3711
    ✭✭✭
    No... But it needs to happen! :D
    @Tucker311- PC
    Tucker3711
    Nord Beth Rose (EP)
    Imperial Freya Var (DC)
    High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
    Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
    Hotstuff Queen
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    I'd say that sand giant maybe was the Warrior before he went to hel ra if thats possible

This^^^

I’m certain he’s talking about The Warrior, who would be described as “a sand giant”.