The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Known motifs, recipes, diagrams etc

MW2K
MW2K
✭✭✭
Is there an addon that displays your known provisioning recipes, crafting motifs, house diagrams/praxes etc, as say greyed out or something so you don't have to mouse over them? Or puts an icon next to it if you don't know them. Something along those lines. I'm sure there is, but going through Minion, I'm not seeing anything that covers this, only traits.

Thanks in advance.
Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few. Souschef, Recipe Master List and my favorite crafting app (as it does the job of several addons) Craft Store. Note, with CS there are a few versions, get the latest "Patch" as it is a stand alone

And, if your shopping, Awesome Guild Store comes with a filter on Known or Unknown recipes or Motifs
    Edited by Nestor on March 21, 2018 12:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Provisioning recipes can be done by ESO Master Recipe List
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1043-ESOMasterRecipeList.html

There is one for housing motifs as well but I forgot the name of it. This one has a tick next to the ones you know IIRC.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MW2K
    MW2K
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips, I ended up going with CraftStore.
    Lighting braziers and dispelling wards in Tamriel since 1994
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you use this version of CraftStore:

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1590-CraftStoreDB.html
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MW2K wrote: »

@MW2K Out of curiosity; did you actually managed to get CraftStore to display known motifs/recipes in your inventory? By either greying out know ones or adding icons?

I could not for the life of me find that function in the CraftStore addon and I am using the latest version linked by @nightstrike.

I had to install ESO Master Recipe List to get this function for recipes and furnishing plans but still missing something for motifs.

If CraftStore can do it all that would be great since I already use it to track research and mount timers over several characters.

Maybe @Nestor or @Turelus knows the answer?

If you reply to this please remember to tag me in your comment, and thanks so much in advance guys!

The ESO Master Recipe List icons is driving me crazy with its weird categorization and distribution of icons.
    Green checkmarks for recipes known by tracked character and grey checkmarks for recipes known by current character just triggers me - in my head the reverse would be more logical.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Provisioning recipes can be done by ESO Master Recipe List
    http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1043-ESOMasterRecipeList.html

There is one for housing motifs as well but I forgot the name of it. This one has a tick next to the ones you know IIRC.

Master Recipe List also does furnishings.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

@MW2K Out of curiosity; did you actually managed to get CraftStore to display known motifs/recipes in your inventory? By either greying out know ones or adding icons?

@Zinaroth @MW2K

Make sure you have the name of the Alt you want to track selected (you can do this from any Alt, by clicking on the name a list will pull up)

In there are various options for tracking crafting stuff. Check the Box for Tracking Recipes (or Motifs or Traits) and you will see an indicator when in the inventory for the recipes you do not know. If you choose the Alt name, then click on either the MOtif, Recipe or Furniture ICONs on the left in the main window, you can pull up a list of what you know or don't know for the selected Alt.

I think you also have to check the box to Mark Needed Items in the Global Config Gear, but do that last if it is not working with the above. Easiest way to see if it works is to go shopping for recipes/motifs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »

@Zinaroth @MW2K

Make sure you have the name of the Alt you want to track selected (you can do this from any Alt, by clicking on the name a list will pull up)

In there are various options for tracking crafting stuff. Check the Box for Tracking Recipes (or Motifs or Traits) and you will see an indicator when in the inventory for the recipes you do not know. If you choose the Alt name, then click on either the MOtif, Recipe or Furniture ICONs on the left in the main window, you can pull up a list of what you know or don't know for the selected Alt.

I think you also have to check the box to Mark Needed Items in the Global Config Gear, but do that last if it is not working with the above. Easiest way to see if it works is to go shopping for recipes/motifs.

@Nestor Thanks for this!

I did indeed have to check the box "Mark Needed Items" in the global configuration gear settings in order for the icons to show up - otherwise it will only display in tooltips meaning I have to mouse over every single item.

Only thing buggering me now is that it marks unknown recipes/motifs with a red icon, which is great, but the known ones are marked with a purple icon, which obviously should be green.

I will have to see if I can find a way to change that, but it allows me to delete ESO Recipe Master List again - the less addons the better!

EDIT: I found out it marks unknown recipes/motifs on your current character with a red icon and that the purple icon is used on recipes/motifs which are unknown on other characters that you are tracking, whereas unmarked recipes/motifs means you know them on all characters you are tracking. I wish it would just have markers for known and unknown on current character and then you could also see in the tooltip if other characters need it, oh well...
    Edited by Zinaroth on May 16, 2018 4:04PM