Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Need help with stamblade for pvp?

KharnTheUndying
KharnTheUndying
✭✭✭
Just started playing my stamblade in vivec and wanted to get a few tips but mainly help with my cp distribution which is currently all over the place,my cp is 550 and was wondering where should i focus my points until i reach 720 cp.Any help would be appreated.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=62262
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is going to differ based on playstyle, @KharnTheUndying. What's yours?

I can list a few ...

- Raid Support
    - Ganking (Solo)
    - Small Group
    - Melee

... and so on.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a stamina nightblade you want to focus on direct damage, physical damage, physical penetration, crit damage, also points into weapon experts and shattering blows have benefits. Thats it for the blue cps. For the red ones you should have points into elemental defender and hardy, also points into that one, which reduces damage of heavy and light attacks, also the one which reduces damage fron direct attacks. Since nightblades can cloak, you do not need much points against damage over time.

You clearly should take a look into build videos, especially depending on your playstyle. Gankers do have some points set differently than brawler builds for example.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that with 550 CPs you’re going to pull about 90% as much power from the trees as a 720 character.

Alcast has good build advice. I mostly agree with his stamblade PvP allotment, so that’s a good site if you need to refer to something on an ongoing basis with new info as things get updated. Alcasthq.com.

In reds, you want to focus on elemental defend and hardy in equal amounts (one is magic damage, the other is physical). Ironclad should receive ~40-50. If this is primarily a PvP character you can also pile 40-50 into crit resist. If you’re going to do heavy PvE too and want to skip this since it only helps in PvP, you can.

The one that might depend on your playstyle is thick skinned...dot reduction. As a bow build I don’t tend to suffer from DOTs, so I put a little less in these than alcast. But my allocation is probably pretty close.

In green, you’ll go 75 in stam recovery. I also put 30-50 into magic recovery. I don’t tend to use heavy attacks to restore resources in Cyrodiil, so I bypass that one. The rest are dependent on your needs. There are a ton, ton, ton of stupid snares in PvP right now, so I tend to favor break free reduction. Dodge roll reduce is also important. Those are probably the four I’d pick w 550 points...then as you accumulate more maybe a few in before or sprint.

In blue, alcast is using a very specific strategy which you can probably ignore until you’re max cp. he pushes points into the ateonach, which wastes a few, to unlock the passive that sets enemies off balance when you dogde roll. Then he gets 10% more damage from the ritual. So this requires max cp to make it work well without huge sacrifices...ignore it for now.

I’d distribute pretty evenly between mighty (all stam based damage boost), precise strikes (crit damage), master at arms (direct damage) with maybe 50 in each. Then you can toss a few into penetration. As you pile up CPs you can put some into shattering blows.

It’s pretty easy...the CPs listed above are powerful, while the others are niche passives. Unless you have a really specific build, the powerful CPs are always going to outperform the niche stuff.
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    CP is going to differ based on playstyle, @KharnTheUndying. What's yours?

I can list a few ...

- Raid Support
    - Ganking (Solo)
    - Small Group
    - Melee

... and so on.

Solo/melee i guess.I like to play alone
  • KharnTheUndying
    KharnTheUndying
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the replies.