Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Traits question

Ithug
Ithug
✭✭
Hi, if i research a trait in clothing, like on a belt. Can I apply it on any cloth and leather armor piece ? Or I need to research it for each armor piece and for leather then ?

Thnx.
*Kal Vas Flam*
- "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to research each trait for every single piece.
    8 traits for 7 armor pieces takes 64 days in total. It starts with 6 hours and doubles for each new trait. Each item starts with 6 hours. There are skills that grant a speed bonus and a new research slot.

If you need more details, post in the crafter section of this forum.
    Edited by Haxnschwammer on April 1, 2014 6:49PM
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Ithug
    Ithug
    ✭✭
    WOW! thats is... lame..
    Oh well thanks a lot !
    *Kal Vas Flam*
    - "You better run..."

Can. Qc* IGN @Ithug
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not when you consider they're trying to make end-game crafting viable, rather than a toss-away.
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    Just means you should prioritize traits that you want first.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Palmate
    Palmate
    Soul Shriven
    Crafting is a long term goal, and still usable in the short term. You are able to research each of the different crafting types at the same time, to start you can do one each (1 Blacksmithing, 1 woodworking, etc.)
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    Also, there are passive skills that increase the number of items you can simultaneously research for each craft.
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You have to research each trait for every single piece.
    8 traits for 7 armor pieces takes 64 days in total. It starts with 6 hours and doubles for each new trait. Each item starts with 6 hours. There are skills that grant a speed bonus and a new research slot.

If you need more details, post in the crafter section of this forum.

64 days or 63.75 days per armor piece. That's 446.25 days of research noon stop for all armor pieces. If you have 3 point invested in research. It will reduce it to 119 days. Providing you do it very very efficiently.
  • wingnamrwb17_ESO
    wingnamrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Not when you consider they're trying to make end-game crafting viable, rather than a toss-away.

End game crafting set that require 8 traits research is not good at all. You don't need to research to upgrade dropped set items which lots of PTS player agree to be better.

• Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
  • james_edwards1979b16_ESO
    I don't think they would realistically expect players to do that amount of research 'unbuffed/untraited'. Hence those figures are largely irrelevant. I'm sure with passive traits, skills and potions and recipes etc, that the time frames would be significantly less than 64hours per piece. In other words, you need to make a commitment to crafting skills to benefit. Most sane people would stop around tier 5 (186 hours, just over a week).
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently there is at least one set of crafted gear that requires 8 traits known per piece to craft. This will definitely require dedication (and probably specialization of trait research within a well coordinated guild).