Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Level Difference

coldflame87
coldflame87
Soul Shriven
I haven't been able to find the answer to this here, in in-game chat, or searching ESO's labyrinth of pages. My question is simple: is there a penalty for grouping with lowbies and playing in low-level zones? At what point is a zone considered low-level for you, if ever?
"You know I could have gone into that Sanctuary and killed all those Dark Brotherhood types, I was uh... just sick that day."
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll gain less experience, for sure. And I'd assume a zone is too low-level for you at about the 5+ level mark. But I'm not sure if there's any official word on this.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    You'll gain less experience, for sure. And I'd assume a zone is too low-level for you at about the 5+ level mark. But I'm not sure if there's any official word on this.
    That sounds bout right from what I have experienced, and no other consequence that I have noticed either, you do still get the same amount of exp from completing a quest you missed or location as if you had done it at that time.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • coldflame87
    coldflame87
    Soul Shriven
    Is there a way to determine the level of a zone outside of trying to find the lowest and highest level mob?
    "You know I could have gone into that Sanctuary and killed all those Dark Brotherhood types, I was uh... just sick that day."
  • Rizbin
    Rizbin
    Soul Shriven
    If you noticed, quests have colors assigned to them based on your level compared to the level of the quest. They will turn gray in color if left undone as you level, offering little to no xp. I hadn't noticed if the names of targeted mobs or the borders around their names change.
  • Orizuru
    Orizuru
    ✭✭✭
    You also will not be able to level up weapon skills while fighting things too far below your current level. I'm not sure exactly how many levels lower than you the monster has to be before EXP and weapon skill gains are reduced to zero though.
  • coldflame87
    coldflame87
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm. Alright then, how about this:
    Is there a way to track xp for each action, aside from opening the skills menu and tracking it manually?