Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Boundless Adventure Awaits In Summerset"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Boundless Adventure Awaits In Summerset. Read about some of the activities you can experience and the rewards you can earn when exploring the home of the High Elves in this preview article.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like fun! I'm excited for the public dungeons.

But every time I read Karnwasten I think of Skyrim's Karthwasten and it messes with my brain a little.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 15, 2018 2:23PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While exploring Karnwasten, you'll acquire overland set items and quest rewards, but you'll also have chances to pick up Runebox Fragments that you can combine to earn a unique collectible: the Big-Eared Ginger Cat pet.

Construct a box which once complete is certain to contain a live cat. Radical. Iconoclastic even. I love it <3
    PC EU
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno any Vampire npcs or quests in summerset.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While exploring Karnwasten, you'll acquire overland set items and quest rewards, but you'll also have chances to pick up Runebox Fragments that you can combine to earn a unique collectible: the Big-Eared Ginger Cat pet.

Construct a box which once complete is certain to contain a live cat. Radical. Iconoclastic even. I love it <3

its like a milk saucer and a rat. stuff to attract a cat not contain a live one.
    Edited by TheNuminous1 on May 15, 2018 3:18PM
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a crafter thank you so much for the Skyforge Smith Hammer Outfit!!!!!!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Gina,
    COuld you please tell if a Big-Eared Ginger Cat from a Summerset public dungeon is different from a Big-Eared Ginger Mouser from Scalecaller Crown Crate? Do they look different? And as their names are different, there's no problem to own both, right?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like fun! I'm excited for the public dungeons.

But every time I read Karnwasten I think of Skyrim's Karthwasten and it messes with my brain a little.

You're not the only one! :)
    myskyrim26 wrote: »
    Dear Gina,
    COuld you please tell if a Big-Eared Ginger Cat from a Summerset public dungeon is different from a Big-Eared Ginger Mouser from Scalecaller Crown Crate? Do they look different? And as their names are different, there's no problem to own both, right?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I recall reading on the PTS forums about this and it was referred to there as a kitten. Don't know if that was just a mistake though, and it's actually a cat. But...hopefully it will have some differences from the Mouser.

Also, I had seen another thread on the PTS regarding the Fan of False-Face. While it has a unique interaction (which wasn't mentioned in that thread), it appears to look EXACTLY like the fan you can purchase from the achievement vendor in Hew's Bane. The least they could have done was make it a different color. Perhaps they have modified it now, based on the feedback in that thread. If not, that seems a little lazy not to put a different image on it or at least change the color.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 15, 2018 5:27PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a skyforge staff, 2h, or bow? Not all crafters use dual wield or one hand and shield.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance of a skyforge staff, 2h, or bow? Not all crafters use dual wield or one hand and shield.

But do you use a staff, 2hander or bow to craft with? Last I checked, I used a hammer to knock out those greatswords, shields, and cuirasses.

Though, now that I think about it, maybe I should ask for Skyforge Scissors to make my clothing items.
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this on Twitter, but figured I should ask here as well: Regarding the Master Crafter Achievement, will the requirements be retroactively applied? I've already met all the criteria listed aside from the Jewelry Crafting of course. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But do you use a staff, 2hander or bow to craft with? Last I checked, I used a hammer to knock out those greatswords, shields, and cuirasses.

Though, now that I think about it, maybe I should ask for Skyforge Scissors to make my clothing items.

Skyforge weapons are not not tools used for crafting, they are weapons created for combat, made at the Skyforge in Whiterun. I'm just pointing out that only 2 of the 6 weapon lines allows use of this new outfit style to show off crafting skill.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused with Karnwasten and the north west coast in particular, as nothing is where it should be. Karnwasten should be located south of Lillandril, yet it's far north east of it in ESO. But well, that's probably a discussion for another thread.

I hope it doesn't take too long for the masses to settle down, so I can attempt the world bosses and geysers without zerging them down :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Skyforge weapons are not not tools used for crafting, they are weapons created for combat, made at the Skyforge in Whiterun. I'm just pointing out that only 2 of the 6 weapon lines allows use of this new outfit style to show off crafting skill.

The item is "Skyforge Smith Hammer," so it's the hammer used by the smith at Skyforge to craft the weapons, not a Skyforge crafted hammer for battle.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

The item is "Skyforge Smith Hammer," so it's the hammer used by the smith at Skyforge to craft the weapons, not a Skyforge crafted hammer for battle.

Hmm, interesting point. Maybe it is intended to depict a crafting tool. I was focusing on the next sentence in the article: "give any of your one-handed weapons the appearance of a Skyforge hammer."

I would say that visually this outfit style
    Skyforge-_Smith-_Hammer-2.jpgpicture share

fits much better with the skyforge weapons from Skyrim, such as this axe
    Steel_War_Axe_SK.pngimagehosting

It doesn't appear at all similar to the hammer Eorlund uses to make Skyforge weapons shown here
    800px-_SR-npc-_Eorlund_Gray-_Mane_04.jpg

Anyway, I've wasted too much time thinking about this already. I just hope we get some cool new outfit styles for other weapon types at some point. I really like the idea of these being rewards for mastering various aspects of the game, and as a mainly magicka user it would be nice to be able to participate.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Skyforge Scissors skin would be awesome. First person to make an Argonian crafter with a speed build named Runs-With-Scissors wins. B)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    QUESTION: I just redeemed the codes that came with my physical collector's edition today. Not seeing the special mount. When will that kick in? That should be immediate? What about the other items? Have a ticket in to Support but they don't seem to be understanding the question.
    Edited by Threemoons on May 21, 2018 1:01AM
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • MRusso89
    MRusso89
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    QUESTION: I just redeemed the codes that came with my physical collector's edition today. Not seeing the special mount. When will that kick in? That should be immediate? What about the other items? Have a ticket in to Support but they don't seem to be understanding the question.

Sort of in the same vein here, I ordered the physical collector's edition for the XB1 through Amazon. How do I redeem the Queens Bounty pack if I haven't received a code or anything yet? I'm assuming it's an insert in the game case, but I just want to be certain.
    Hermaeus Mora, elder than Ada, Abyssal Cephaliarch, hearken to the plea of this unworthy, for I have come to barter for knowledge denied.
    excerpt from Fragmentae Abyssum Hermaeus Morus