Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

60 item inventory question

Texwa
Texwa
OK so since there are only 60 items available in my inventory I find often after completing a quest I get armor or some item I want but since my inventory is full I have to destroy items I wish I could keep or would rather sell but since there is no vendor near I have to destroy to make room. Are you doing the same thing or is there something else I could do other than destroy? Thanks for your help.
  • Osi
    Osi
    ✭✭✭
    Break them down at crafting stations for a bit of experience and resources.

Basically after doing a few area runs I make for the nearest bank and crafting area to break down what I got and stick items for research in the bank so they can be accessed by all characters.
  • nedlial
    nedlial
    there are extra bag and bank slots for sale. I am up to 80 in both but it gets very expensive to upgrade after that.
  • Gohlar
    Gohlar
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can buy additional bag slots. I bought 20 more from a cat person standing in a town plaza next to a cart.

I wish I could be more help than this...lol! You can probably look it up.
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Interesting. I saw a lot of people going into the bank in daggerfall but had no idea why. Makes sense to break them down rather than destroying.
  • Hellsaint
    Hellsaint
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm near a vendor I sell it, if not I destroy it. It's not like everything I have in my inventory is essential, it's just easier to destroy the junk.
    "Nords are so serious about beards. So many beards. M'aiq thinks they wish they had glorious manes like Khajiit."
  • Dahlia_Bristow
    I too have a routine of "unloading" at every opportunity and find that I rarely run out of bag space. I paid 400g for the extra ten slots early on, as well. I go to the bank regularly to stack mats or store gear that I think my alts might use. I take mats out and "process" them before the bank slots hit critical mass. Also, I am feeding my Imperial horse and gaining a storage slot each day. More space would be nice, but the devs have deliberately rationed out this limited amount of space so that you would have to make decisions about any stuff you're accumulating.
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    I saw the cat selling the bag but didn't know what that was for. Do bags give you extra storage space to carry with you?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Texwa wrote: »
    I saw the cat selling the bag but didn't know what that was for. Do bags give you extra storage space to carry with you?

Yes, you can upgrade your bag space at those vendors. You can also feed your horse oats to upgrade carry capacity.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Interesting I didn't even know I could feed my horse. Maybe I need to stop doing quests as much and learn more about the game. I just want to help these people though...lol
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    I haven't fed my horse anything. Where do you get oats?
  • Cris
    Cris
    Soul Shriven
    In major cities for your alliance, in the marketplace, there are vendors that sell you inventory size increase, also in every main city in each region there is a bank (which mind you can also be increased in size). My recommendation to you is any green+ item with trait research it, if no trait deconstruct it for the resources (if the resource is in a crafting profession not of your interest sell the resources to other players) also if your not going to invest in provisioning sell all food ingredients as they can be a real space hog. The rest of your crafting materials store in the bank as you can craft with the materials of both your bank and inventory :smile:
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't fed my horse anything. Where do you get oats?

Any stable. Once you have a horse equipped, the default screen that will come up is your horse information screen, where you can rename and feed your mount.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭

Bag vendors will sell +10 slots per purchase with each purchase costing more and more....i know the first is 400g and the second is 2000g. You can also put items in your bank to open up inventory space(banks inventory space can be expanded as well for 1000g the first time and 3,300g? the second time I believe) and you could of course add slots via your horse
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Wow this is great information. Thanks
  • zer0_sum
    zer0_sum
    ✭✭✭
    You feed your horse at the stables from a vendor. I run into issues of running out of bag space a lot. Most of my problems is I'm known to pick up literally everything that can be picked up. I don't use potions or drinks or food hardly ever. I use the mats to level provisioning but dont actually eat the food. I just sell the food and drink that I make. It's cut down on my space some from that. I don't do alchemy or fishing so I tend to sell all of those items to a vendor as well.
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    OK so since there are only 60 items available in my inventory I find often after completing a quest I get armor or some item I want but since my inventory is full I have to destroy items I wish I could keep or would rather sell but since there is no vendor near I have to destroy to make room. Are you doing the same thing or is there something else I could do other than destroy? Thanks for your help.

I believe it's been said before but I'll reiterate. You start off with 60 slots as a start, in order to free up bag space, you can either sell the items you don't need at a vendor on deconstruct them during crafting.

Be aware that during crafting you will get materials in return which will also take up bag space.

Also, in the larger cities you will be able to find a bag merchant. This merchant will be able to enlarge your bag for some gold (I believe 400g for the first enlargement.). While it might seem like a large investment at first, it'll only make you money in the long run as you'll have more stuff to sell and craft.

Hope this helped you with your problem.

Greetings,
    Beucko

• Texwa
    Texwa
    Thanks everybody that helps a lot.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    1 thing I also do is send items to guildies that they need for leveling their specific crafting profession via the mail, it empties part of my inventory on the fly and helps them out which helps the guild out which in turn helps me out too
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact