The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

With the current overall story arc after the Planemeld ... *Spoilers*

JD2013
JD2013
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay, so as we all know, since the Planemeld story ended with Imperial City, beginning with Orsinium there has been a new overall narrative for the game in the shape of a Daedric war.

So far, we have had:
Varen's warning in Orsinium
The Vvardenfell prequel questline warning of a Daedric storm coming
Morrowind - Barbas steals Vivec's divine power and attempts to let Clavicus Vile into Clockwork City
Clockwork City prequel - fun with shadows killing people
Clockwork City - Nocturnal trying to take over Clockwork City

And next Summerset will end "a part of the story" - which I am inclined to think is the "Triad (Clavicus Vile, Mephala and Nocturnal) part of the story.

But, my question is - how is this a war of any kind? Do we think this is what will trigger a war between the Daedric Princes as stated in Orsinium? That they flouted the Coldharbour Compact so openly will enrage the other Princes?

Where do we think this story is going, I guess is what my question would be. It all feels a bit random at the moment.
Edited by JD2013 on May 13, 2018 5:03PM
Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
Order of Sithis
The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m hoping they change the game completely when the war actually starts to make ESO fresh. A whole new main storyline and revamped areas would be awesome. They’ve stated that they regret the alliances so maybe they will change the overall game with this DLC
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was odd that Clavicus Vile, Nocturnal, and Mephala were chosen as " The Triad " since 2/3 of these stories take place in Dark Elf areas (Vvardenfell and Clockwork City), it would have made more sense to me for " The Triad " to be Azura, Boethiah, and Mephala, which respectively correspond to Vivec (Vvardenfell), Sotha Sil (Clockwork City), and Almalexia (Deshaan/Other) -- The Tribunal.
    But that's just me.

I'm more interested/excited in what the new meta-story will be after Summerset, if there is one, since Summerset supposedly concludes The Triad/Daedric War story that has been teased and started way back in Orsinium. But I'm sure ZOS will tease something about what that will be at some point during or after the main Summerset story, at least, I'm hopeful that they will.
    It just sucks that the whole Daedric Wars conflict seems rather instanced, solo-based, and very short, imo, so it did not seem like much of a threat. Molag Bal / Coldharbour was active, and everywhere, and made the whole conflict and struggle seem more real. Daedric anchors and cultists in practically every zone, and all over Cyrodiil, etc.
    Summerset is getting Abyssal Geysers, but I guess Mephala only cares about Summerset, for the time being.

Aside from the Daedric Wars theme, I hope ZOS does something with Skingrad and opens up the Varen's Wall Gatehouse door on the east-side of The Gold Coast. The Skingrad city and zone would be between The Gold Coast and Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on May 13, 2018 8:30PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    That they flouted the Coldharbour Compact so openly will enrage the other Princes?

Question: what makes you think they were flouting the Compact? (Vile, Mephala and Nocturnal weren't part of that in the first place; only the top 50% of Daedric Princes were invited.)
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on May 13, 2018 9:29PM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would wager that Meridia will still play a part in the future. Darien is stuck in the Coloured Rooms and datamining has revealed Auroran costume which happened to show Meridia furniture in background, including an angelic statue of her.

• Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plot Twist: Meridia becomes ESO's future antagonist :lol:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Theryl
    Theryl
    ✭✭✭
    Plot Twist: Meridia becomes ESO's future antagonist :lol:

As Molag Bal said, "There are far worse masters than I."
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    That they flouted the Coldharbour Compact so openly will enrage the other Princes?

Question: what makes you think they were flouting the Compact? (Vile, Mephala and Nocturnal weren't part of that in the first place; only the top 50% of Daedric Princes were invited.)

Apologies, not always articulate here!

I meant them flouting not being restricted by the Coldharbour Compact :)
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!