Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite race in Tamriel?

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Breton

First char I ever made in Daggerfall: Breton Mage. Staying true to tradition :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    I wouldn’t call contemporary Nords vikings; they’ve grown too lazy for raiding. You could certainly compare them to the old Scandinavian peoples of the Viking era, however. Not every person was a viking, and vikings were only vikings while raiding; when they returned home, they became farmers and merchants again.

My favorite race has to be Dunmer. They know they are superior and they express this knowledge through slavery. Betmer are little more than animals and humans aren’t very far ahead. Without their Dunmer masters, they would be rolling around in the mud like pigs. Plus, I love House Telvanni’s Nietzschean philosphy of will to power.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • aeowulf
    aeowulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Has to be Imperial for me, because they remind me of the Romans (what did they ever do for us?)
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Its a tough call but my first character in an Elder Scroll game was an Argonian. I always make an Argonian. I think Nord/Breton fight for the close second. I love playing Orc in ESO but in previous games I thought they were garbage.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Dunmer always, they have one of the most unique cultures and lore in TES and general fantasy overall IMO.

Imperials are a close second as Oblivion was my intro to TES over a decade ago, and the land of Cyrodiil and its culture still appeal to me. I'm also a Roman history buff so there's that aspect too.
  • Nidraachal
    Nidraachal
    ✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    I voted Dunmer, but I love all the races equally. Altmer, Argonians, Bosmer, Imperials, Khajiit, Redguards, Orcs, and uh
    [looks at smudged writing on hand] "croissant elves" and "screaming buff dudes"
    Forever scared & running from Cliff Racers
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    They all taste the same to me :grin:

So as a Bosmer, you'd have ... absorbed ... most of the others anyway.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    For the glory of The Empire!

Second place Khajiit.
    Third place Argonian.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Awesome lore, culture and aesthetics.
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    Redguards
    Redguard because i like their culture and those beautiful stamina buffs.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

1. Nords the "Children of the Sky".

Followed by Breton and Altmer. All three share the same distant ancestry but the Nords appear to have adapted the most to fit in with the changing world around them, whilst not disregarding their roots.
    PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Stonyfoot
    Stonyfoot
    ✭✭✭
    Nords
    Played Nords in all TES games, since I am one myself. Too bad they're kinda crappy in ESO.

2nd and 3rd places go to Bretons and Imperials respectively.
    Edited by Stonyfoot on March 1, 2018 11:46AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian
    Today is Argonian... tomorrow Dunmer...

But Imperial is clear my 3rd
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Elder Scrolls would not be so much interesting without Lizard Folks. I was always starting games first with an Argonian.
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • MythicEmperor
    MythicEmperor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Gargath wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls would not be so much interesting without Lizard Folks. I was always starting games first with an Argonian.

Yes, then us Dunmer wouldn’f have quite as many slaves.
    With cold regards,
    Mythic

Favorite Characters:
    Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
    Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
    Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
    Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
    Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
    Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Gargath wrote: »

Yes, then us Dunmer wouldn’f have quite as many slaves.

latest?cb=20091213150502

It could only be Mythic!
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Used to think Bretons were boring in other TES games, but ESO revealed to me their big medieval European influence, which I adore.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    Altmer (High Elf)
    Don't hate me because I am beautiful.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (High Elf)
    The beautiful and the smart: Altmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSHw_4KeY8
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    The beautiful and the smart: Altmer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSHw_4KeY8

Banana-like fools...
  • SatanicSister
    SatanicSister
    ✭✭✭
    Breton
    I would have chosen nords but in ESO they're depicted as simple-minded and always drunk (or hungover) berserkers. I liked them more in Skyrim where they were proud, quiet and fierce warriors who knew how to have fun but were never that drunk (there were some exeptions). Nords remind me of home.

The second best (and in ESO they're the best IMO) are breton. They're still human, although with more magical knowledge.

I like dunmer. I hate altmer, bosmer and ayleid. I dislike orsimer. I don't give a damn about snow elves. And I have mixed feelings about beastfolk but I tend to like them more than most elves.
    "If we are going to play the waiting game, the guy who has been around for 10000 years is going to win."
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonian Master Race
  • Feryan
    Feryan
    Argonian
    I usually go for the aesthetically pleasing races, but surprisingly, after reading some of their lore, Argonians are now my favourite. And I love the tribal theme of their huts and clothing.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial
    Got to go with Imperials. By far the most advanced and civilized race. At least, when Cyrodiil stands united.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breton
    Same poll again, same answer. I like Breton culture with all these politics and chivalry. Lore-wise they are quite ordinary, yes, but for some reason I associate myself with them. Other than that, I like beast races, both Argonian and Khajiits. Other races have their great moments too, except maybe Nords, which looks to me like a common cliche of fantasy nordic people.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Altmer (High Elf)
    I always play a Breton, but I find Altmer the most interesting race and culture (though tbh most TES races are interesting to me).
  • Vahlyance
    Vahlyance
    ✭✭✭
    Argonian
    Argonians. I enjoy their unique behaviors and lore.
    Plus scales are like natural body armor, come on, and that poison resistance? I had to.
    『-Astra inclinant, sed non obligant.-』
  • geøstigma
    Dunmer (Dark Elf)
    Personally, Dunmer.

However, with each race being so distinct and well thought out, I find it hard to say that one is better than the other (other than Dunmer being actually better at everything than anyone else) from lore perspective.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer (Wood Elf)
    Bosmer girls <3
    Their voice acting are amazing.

Aside from that, i like Altmer and Nords too for their heroic looks.

I dont like Argonians at all. They are BiS at many things and I don't like this.
    Edited by Soris on May 14, 2018 4:45AM
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit
    KITTIES.

I have yet to play in any other game that indulges my liking for fantasy adventure AND my liking for cat memes all at once.