Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eidetic Memory - Giant Warning

Aelina_Toulene
In Handbills, Posters & Decrees. Does anyone know where it is?
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    im also looking for it :)
    cant find it where it should be
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I might have found this, but its bugged. I know that this giant is associated with a covenant area, as the Fire Festival is a High Rock event.

So, looking for singular giants associated with the covenant.

Its not the one in Bangkorai, and its not Lonely Papa in Alik'r.

That leaves the "Lonely Giant" (Giants Crush) in The Lions Den Public Dungeon in The Rift.

On the northern entrance, near the snowy bit, is a note that you cannot click on pinned to a wooden post with a dagger.

Edit: Above note is called "No Admittance-This Means You", so it isn't that. Maybe Giant Warning is supposed to be Lonely Papa after all?
    Edited by Bonzodog01 on May 11, 2017 4:26PM
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • Daeymon
    Daeymon
    ✭✭

That thread is certainly full of useful help for the eidetic memory, but the location of this piece is not mention anywhere in the thread. I myself have asked and the location provided was the incorrect one mentioned in this thread.
  • mamericus
    mamericus
    ✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »

That leaves the "Lonely Giant" (Giants Crush) in The Lions Den Public Dungeon in The Rift.

On the northern entrance, near the snowy bit, is a note that you cannot click on pinned to a wooden post with a dagger.

Edit: Above note is called "No Admittance-This Means You", so it isn't that. Maybe Giant Warning is supposed to be Lonely Papa after all?

Odd... I'm having exactly the opposite problem. My lore-books add-on is pointing me to the East Entrance to Giants Crush for "No Admittance-This Means You" and I can't seem to find it. Whereas I can see "Giant Warning" and interact with it at BOTH entrances to the cave. Also, I noted the notes seem to be bugged/superimposed somehow. At the West entrance, if I interact directly with the note stabbed on the wooden post, I get "Giant Warning"; I have to look off to the left and interact with the ground basically to be able to read "No Passing Through Here".

EDIT: I just realised there is a THIRD entrance to the South (the snowy bit you referred to), and all I can see/interact with there is "Giant Warning".
    Edited by mamericus on November 15, 2017 12:31AM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Giant Warning can also be found in Lions Den on the platform that the boss Sargent Themond is on, along with Into the Lions Den
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • rtorlasub17_ESO
    mamericus wrote: »
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »

Odd... I'm having exactly the opposite problem. My lore-books add-on is pointing me to the East Entrance to Giants Crush for "No Admittance-This Means You" and I can't seem to find it. Whereas I can see "Giant Warning" and interact with it at BOTH entrances to the cave. Also, I noted the notes seem to be bugged/superimposed somehow. At the West entrance, if I interact directly with the note stabbed on the wooden post, I get "Giant Warning"; I have to look off to the left and interact with the ground basically to be able to read "No Passing Through Here".

EDIT: I just realised there is a THIRD entrance to the South (the snowy bit you referred to), and all I can see/interact with there is "Giant Warning".

"Giant Warning" is all over the place. "No Admittance-This Means You" is at the middle entrance to Giants Crush. Both notes are pinned with the dagger. You have to move slowly to find the other one. It is tricky. There is a book (in, under, ?) a bed The Vile Manse which also has a Giant Warning and it is the same way. The Giant Warning overrides the other note/book except at the smallest point. Very frustrating.
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    Giant Warning can also be found in Lions Den on the platform that the boss Sargent Themond is on, along with Into the Lions Den

found it there - thank you
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I can only seem to get Giants Warning to show up at the middle entrance to Giants Crush... Any trick you guys recommend for No Admittance-This Means You", I have been moving in every direction, this way and that to try and get it to list.
    Edited by HjorrMundGandr on January 6, 2018 1:53PM
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    I can only seem to get Giants Warning to show up at the middle entrance to Giants Crush... Any trick you guys recommend for No Admittance-This Means You", I have been moving in every direction, this way and that to try and get it to list.

After trying and trying i managed to get the right angle.
    If you look at the paper from this angle * see spoiler* and line up horizontally and just slowly move left and right for it to appear. it worked. There is only a mm as to where you can actually get it so it might take you some time. Try just looking behind the wood towards the torch from the image below.
    m0mkNLx.jpg
  • lumplumps
    lumplumps
    Soul Shriven

If you look at the paper from this angle * see spoiler* and line up horizontally and just slowly move left and right for it to appear. it worked. There is only a mm as to where you can actually get it so it might take you some time. Try just looking behind the wood towards the torch from the image below.
    m0mkNLx.jpg

Thank you for this, did this today April 2. What a PITA. I would have given up if not for this. There is no way you can tell that this poster is there!
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    I have tried all your suggestions above to get the "No Admittance-This Means You" but in the location where it should be I have "Giant Warning" instead :/
    04.14.2018-05.55.png

04.14.2018-05.55.png

Is there a different place this can be or is it still bugged?
  • Dhukath
    Dhukath
    ✭✭✭
  • Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    Dhukath wrote: »

you don't understand I guess - I am in Lions Den. I have found Giant Warning, but in the place that "No Admittance..." should be I have "Giant warning" too for some reason. It's "No Admittance..." that I am after
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, I did give an example of this

m0mkNLx.jpg

• Emid
    Emid
    ✭✭
    HjorrMundGandr I have tried that and unfortunately no matter what I do I see only "Giant Warning" not "No Admittance.." I spent there about 30 minutes checking every angle of this note as well as the note on the other entrance (just in case), no success- "No Admittance" doesn't show for me there at all.
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it was very hard to get I did spend some time there too. Good luck!
  • HjorrMundGandr
    HjorrMundGandr
    ✭✭✭
    Just had another shot at this today and although it took me a while. I was able to get it to read. I hope this can give a little more info on to positioning. There was a good amount of area where your cursor could be at the bottom of the note, that would allow it to show up. Good luck.

Q8F4Frq.jpg
  • Sekero
    Sekero
    ✭✭✭
    I got it using your first pic on the third or fourth attempt. Took about 15 minutes though, but I just decided I wasn't leaving without it.
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Lion’s Den.... the letter is behind “the giant warning” poster...ZOS surely hid it well.. took me half an hour to figure it out with my guild friend until we look at the the exact precise angle...
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • VulcanTourist
    VulcanTourist
    Soul Shriven
    Here it is June 2018, and this document is still hidden underneath another in a way that it almost can't be targeted. Once again it's demonstrated that there is no concern at all for fixing bugs in existing content unless a tsunami of complaints threatens profits; fixing bugs is an expense to be avoided, while developing new content is a profit center. To hell with craftsmanship and just doing the right thing on principle, huh?
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This's still not fixed pls help¿
  • Rumilia
    Rumilia
    Soul Shriven
    Just had another shot at this today and although it took me a while. I was able to get it to read. I hope this can give a little more info on to positioning. There was a good amount of area where your cursor could be at the bottom of the note, that would allow it to show up. Good luck.

Q8F4Frq.jpg

Thank you! This helped me get it right away.
  • iMilazzo
    iMilazzo
    Soul Shriven
    It's far more easy if you CROUNCH (Ctrl) !!!
    Edited by iMilazzo on April 15, 2019 10:15PM
  • iMilazzo
    iMilazzo
    Soul Shriven
  • Artanisul
    Artanisul
    ✭✭✭✭
    iMilazzo wrote: »

Thanks a lot....
    I just threw out my back "crounching"....