Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Announcing the Winners of the Daedric Dress Up Contest"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Announcing the Winners of the Daedric Dress Up Contest. Check out the article to see the winners from each category where we asked you to create an Outfit inspired by a Daedric Prince!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <Bows down politely and rushes off the stage>
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners! Definitely a great showing.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for contest.
    Edited by Tasear on May 10, 2018 12:42PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys for the contest, the photo paid off
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all winners and mentions! \o/
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good show, I say!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Boethiah, Meridia and Azura were all spectacular, great job all!
    Had to double take on that Vaermina, looked almost exactly like the one I submitted! Oh well, always next time.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So when do we get these wings in-game? :p

0c6f81206149318f097546e2df38b4d8.jpg
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stuff
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you so much! :smiley: I never usually win anything, so I was really shocked by this! :lol:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Photoshop always win xD But... I think those feathers are from the item house. ¿?

Edited by Delpi on May 8, 2018 3:54PM
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i felt pretty lucky about the gamma settings on my game after watching all those dark and highly contrasted screenshots. i didn't have any idea the people enjoyed to play with such settings :)
  • XomRhoK
    XomRhoK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Dress up contest" turned out to "Find/create better surroundings, take interesting pose contest". I understand that for winning in this contest you must create beautiful and interesting scene, that will highlight you from other competitors, but "Dress up" part must be in first place. Now winners/mentioned works have:
    - poses that hide half of outfit
    - bad lighting that does not allow to see outfit details
    - almost/full black outfits
    - crown store costumes
    I feared that judges while watching all this interesting scenes will forgot about outfits themselves, exactly this happened.

But overall it was fun contest, that inspired many players to think, create and show many interesting things.
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners and all people who entered it was a fascinating event. Here's our photo. My beloved khajiit and this one plus our amazing lady (sssh she's hidden)

final.png
  • Diora
    Diora
    ✭✭✭

not to take anything away from this entrant, but how is that using the outfit system?

Also, how did you make those wings?

I mean, i knew it would basically be a photoshop contest going in, but i give big props to the ones where you could actually see the outfit, made with the outfit system, and the gamma on the game wasn't so low that everything just looks black. To all those non-winners out there, i salute you!
    Edited by Diora on May 8, 2018 8:33PM
  • Esoterix
    Esoterix
    Soul Shriven
    Massive congrats to the winners! ESO has a really creative community - and this contest was a load of fun. Looking forward to the next one! :)
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An insult for everyone who had put great effort in their screenshots. Some of these screenshots are uninspired compared to what was available.

[edited comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on May 9, 2018 2:15PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:58PM
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 1 of the solo winners outfit consists of over 200 furnishing items and 7 costume items, the furnishing items being the key part of the outfit.

How is this following the competition guideline 'of your character utilizing the Outfit System to create a look' ?

Next time just call it a screenshot competition or remind the Judges of their own competition guidelines.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    7e4.jpg
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratz to the winners, but!..
    PC/EU
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've run online photo contests as part of my job for almost 20 years now.

No matter how a contest is executed, there are people who aren't happy.

If you have *constructive* feedback and are capable of giving it in a positive way, they may very well integrate it/make changes for the next time around. No matter how much experience one has at doing these, they can always be improved.

At the same time, let's recognize that ZoS is doing some fun online contests and prizing and that's nice to see. No one is retiring to a private island with their winnings (unless the prize is Grand Topal lol), let's not be so serious. ;)

-H

Edited by hiyde on May 10, 2018 7:42PM
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 7, 2019 4:41PM
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats to the winners! I honestly can't pick a favourite of them, they are all really cool! :)

Since its all over now, here was my solo entry for Hircine, its the only thing I submitted :D
    E3g6YEP.png
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Congrats to the winners! I honestly can't pick a favourite of them, they are all really cool! :)

Since its all over now, here was my solo entry for Hircine, its the only thing I submitted :D
    E3g6YEP.png

This is SO gorgeous! :)
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to all the winners! The screenshots are super cool, but I think in future ZoS should be more consistent with the contest description and the judging. This contest was supposed to be about creating an outfit that was inspired by a daedric prince, but many of the winners seem to have been chosen more for their housing decorations and the scene they created, rather than what their actual outfit looks like. If that's how you are going to judge it, the contest should have told people to create a scene inspired by a daedric price with an outfit in it.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Diora wrote: »

not to take anything away from this entrant, but how is that using the outfit system?

Also, how did you make those wings?

I mean, i knew it would basically be a photoshop contest going in, but i give big props to the ones where you could actually see the outfit, made with the outfit system, and the gamma on the game wasn't so low that everything just looks black. To all those non-winners out there, i salute you!

Pretty sure that the outfit (sans wings) is a player created from available motifs, it counts.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • CORLEONE_TIME
    CORLEONE_TIME
    ✭✭✭
    Delpi wrote: »

Photoshop always win xD But... I think those feathers are from the item house. ¿?

they are housing items, I know him and have made it for him (I think it was 260 pieces), my finger still hurts :|

Btw this is my group entry for Namira :)m54m3427mxsb.png

Team entry for Hircinecp21mjyt2ola.png

and my solo entry for Meridiax8ud673wsx3b.png