Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Just got to lvl 15 with my Breton Sorc. What to work with on my second bar?

Madrax573
Madrax573
✭✭✭
Hi all,

Just got lvl 15 with my Breton Sorc so now I can have my second skill bar up and running. I'm just not sure what to do with it or how it works really as it seems some abilities still work from this bar even when using the first bar...

I currently have lightning for morphed to the inc speed version, Clanfear and twilight pets, Pet damage curse and lightning blast with the return mag morph. Overload as my ultimate.
I'm using the prophets resto staff atm as it returns mag and extra damage so it's the highest damage staff I've collected so far.

So yeah. I'm a noob.... My stam warden is easier to kit out and select skill for, even if he is a nord!
I'm a bomb technician. If you see me running, try to keep up!
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Destruction staff if you are a mag sorc. The skills wall of elements and force pulse are pretty much necessary for a mag sorc. Also the ultimate is better than overload once you level it to 50. You will have to double bar your pets and most ppl put damage over time skills on one side, lay them all down, then switch to your spammable which is usually force pulse. Hope this helps.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dump the clanfear, it is junk, remorph the skill to the volatile familiar morph.

And get a destro staff.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    I'll grab a destro staff when I find one thats better than the staff I'm currently using :) Like I say it's simply the most powerful weapon I've found so far.

So put my DoT's on the back bar (with pets) then swap to my front bar and spam my DD's? Is that the general rule of thumb?

Would it be better to use force pulse or my Mage blast for mag return?
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what you mean by mage blast. If you're talking about mages wrath or fury that's an execute and only does good damage on enemies under 20% health. Force pulse is usually the go to spammable with light attacks weaved in between. Heavy attack when you need to restore magicka.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madrax573 wrote: »
    I'll grab a destro staff when I find one thats better than the staff I'm currently using :) Like I say it's simply the most powerful weapon I've found so far.

So put my DoT's on the back bar (with pets) then swap to my front bar and spam my DD's? Is that the general rule of thumb?

Would it be better to use force pulse or my Mage blast for mag return?

What is "mage blast"?, if you mean crystal blast, then yes, crystal blast is junk, you want the other morph and only use that skill when it procs. If you mean mages fury, that is the execute, you only want to use that skill when the mobs is under 20%.

Most sorcs either use force pulse or destructive touch, if they have a master staff, as a spamable or just use lightning heavy attacks.

My mag sorcs bar looks like this-

Front bar lightning staff

Inner light- volatile familiar- crystal fragments- daedric prey- destructive touch- ulti storm atro

Back bar fire staff

Inner light- volatile familiar- power surge- liquid lightning- fire wall- ulti energy overload

Third bar has empowered Ward and dark conversation.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on May 7, 2018 5:58AM
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah thats the one. Righto... gotya I think :)
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    Which platform are you on? I'm on xbox and can help you ingame if you are also on xbox.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    MarleyRain wrote: »
    Which platform are you on? I'm on xbox and can help you ingame if you are also on xbox.

I'm NA - PC sorry.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Okay the thing that I do on many Mag Characters, especially while levelling and solo content, is to create one Fire Destruction staff, single target bar.

For a Mag Sorc this would be Crystal Fragments - Pet - Crit Surge / Bound Armaments - Mage's Fury(the first one in the lightning class skill) force pulse.

The second bar, I use for Area of Effect skills and buffs. Using a lightning staff. This would be

Liquid Lightning - Pet - Boundless Storm - Bound Armaments - Elemental Blockade.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭

Third bar has empowered Ward and dark conversation.

@Lightspeedflashb14_ESO erm third bar?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you slot Overload as an ultimate, that gives you access to a third skill bar (can't use weapon skills from this one).
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    If you slot Overload as an ultimate, that gives you access to a third skill bar (can't use weapon skills from this one).

@kringled_1 Ah I had noticed that my bar changed to my storm abilities. How to you change them on the overload bar?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just go into Overload and change them the way you would in your regular bars, go back out when done.
  • Madrax573
    Madrax573
    ✭✭✭
    Ah cool. cheers.