Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How can I complete the Blackest Sacrement achievement with terrible RNG?

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm missing two targets on Blackest Sacrement (Steidor and Dolwinora), but every single time I come back I am NEVER given a sacrement with either of them as the targets. Is there anything I can do to force it?
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah this one is beyond annoying. As is I never found those sneak in missions to be the best as is...i mean the paths that the gaurds take with lights are sooooo long and slow that these missions take far to long for what they offer in fun, and having the random targets limited to 1 mission a day its pure frustration, i sheleved those missions long ago. evey time i look at that achievemnt and think i should go back...i remember how much i dislike those.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It took about a month of checking every single day before I got the last target I needed. No, I don't have a quicker way answer.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, the named targets are present in their associated areas even if they are not the quest objective?

You have to execute them. You do not have to execute them just when they are assigned by the Speaker.

(Only reason I know this is because when I first started, I had more targets checked off my list than I had performed sacraments at the time.) You can even go back in the area and look after completing the overseer portion of the bonus.

So if you see any named enemy: When in doubt, snuff them out.

Sithis comes for us all.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting. I knew they were there all the time but I didn't know that it would count for the achievement if they weren't the target.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know, the named targets are present in their associated areas even if they are not the quest objective?

You have to execute them. You do not have to execute them just when they are assigned by the Speaker.

(Only reason I know this is because when I first started, I had more targets checked off my list than I had performed sacraments at the time.) You can even go back in the area and look after completing the overseer portion of the bonus.

Sithis comes for us all.

I had this idea when I was trying to come up with my last mark, and what I discovered is that if a particular person is not the given target for a Sacrament, they'll appear as a generic NPC and not under their target name. So for example, you might find the guy who's supposed to be Joe Schmoe, but he'll appear as "Sanguine reveler" or whatever. I don't know if the achievement will still trigger because it's the same warm body, or if it's worthwhile to look for anybody who has a name, but in my experience the actual marks won't show up as themselves unless they're the designated target.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

Sithis comes for us all.

I had this idea when I was trying to come up with my last mark, and what I discovered is that if a particular person is not the given target for a Sacrament, they'll appear as a generic NPC and not under their target name. So for example, you might find the guy who's supposed to be Joe Schmoe, but he'll appear as "Sanguine reveler" or whatever. I don't know if the achievement will still trigger because it's the same warm body, or if it's worthwhile to look for anybody who has a name, but in my experience the actual marks won't show up as themselves unless they're the designated target.
    Correct, but you will also find named enemies that seemingly have no place in your current quest.

It is possible they don't always spawn all named enemies for the area each time, but be on the lookout, especially if you know the areas they spawn in. Always look for the name, not the visual.
    For instance, in the sewer tenement, there is always a named enemy taking a nap. (S)he looks so peaceful, it just seems a shame to leave it alone.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS