Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Who else wants an Oceania sever?

elshipington
I'm not sure where to post this or if it has already been discussed but I live in Australia and I feel their should be an Oceania sever. I'm not sure how many pre orders there were but considering the re tale Imperial Edition sold so fast here, their must have been quite a few. It would ease the stress on the current two mega severs and I'm sure alot of people that live on my side of the planet would really appreciate it.

Got any moonsuger?
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    I think it may have to do with how finicky Australia is when it comes to games, especially M rated games such as ESO. Their laws are extremely strict when it comes to them, so they may be afraid to spend the money on it when their government may decide to put some sort of ban or limitation on it.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, would you want to download the extra 20 or so gig for it as well as start a brand new character. I wouldn't, NA works fine for me, so until more people joins to the point that it begins to crash at random intervals, than I don't see the point of an Oceania server.

Beside, not everyone will be playing 24 hrs a day, when we people of Oceania plays, most of NA would be not gaming due to the timezone difference, so it is probably not needed in the near future.
  • elshipington
    Yeah defiantly both good points.
    I just feel comfortable playing on Oceania sever but at the end of the day I'm just happy I can play regardless.
    Got any moonsuger?
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Well I just found a way that does not require you to DL everything again, just certain parts.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62134/if-you-want-to-switch-between-megaservers#latest

Through from my experience on the SC2 WoL oceanic servers, it usually have very low populations say in contrast to the NA server. But off course this is an RTS, and RTS are different to RPGs, so :\