Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Name change tokens - Reusing old name?

Synz
Synz
Soul Shriven
I want to swap the names of two of my characters. My question is, if I change my name on one will the old name be immediately available to use on my other character?

Best Answers

• Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synz wrote: »
    I want to swap the names of two of my characters. My question is, if I change my name on one will the old name be immediately available to use on my other character?

Possibly yes and no.

I have two accounts and have deleted a character on one and been able to immediately use it on the other. Instantly. With two clients open and the new character ready to create with the press of one button. So names are immediately available to anyone (not just you) the moment they're not attached to a character.

Other games (eg. GW2) will literally let you swap the names of two characters with one name change token. If you try to change one character to a name that's already in use by you, it will swap names on those characters. I haven't read that ESO works the same way though. So it might be the case that if you try to change one character's name to that of another (of your own), it might reject the change because the name is in use.
    Answer ✓
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If a character has been deleted, that name will be available, so I'd think it would work the same.
    Edited by Draxys on December 26, 2016 11:05AM

rip decibel
    Answer ✓
  • Jagmas
    Jagmas
    I actually would like to do the same between two characters as well and wondered.
  • Mavloc
    Mavloc
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an official answer for this