The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Furniture Deconstruction

Moonshadow42
Moonshadow42
Soul Shriven
I'm not sure if it's just me but does anyone else wish they could deconstruct furniture in the same manner as we can deconstruct weapons/gear? I find I may furnish a home and then decide to change some furnishings but end up with a lot of leftovers to fill my bank. I'd much rather be able to deconstruct it and recover some of materials. What do other players think?
  • ed7878
    ed7878
    ✭✭
    Absolutely.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'd much prefer you to buy another home to put those left-overs into. At least you can actually do that, and it doesn't get bound to the home once you place it. Things could be worse. (Written quietly, in case the ZOS bean-counters are reading).
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thing is, those leftovers wouldn't often get used in other homes either....they tend to be stuff you don't particularly like in the first place.

Edit: Furniture decon is a great idea, @Moonshadow42

Edited by Aurie on May 9, 2018 9:41PM
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some cases the "left-overs" can be re-purposed.
    After my buyers remorse experience with a fully furnished Linchal, I re-purposed much of the imperial furniture for my Erstwhile instead, since the furnishings there were also imperial.

But yeah, there are countless examples of furnishings that I just dont want to use anymore. It would be nice If I could deconstruct the crafted stuff back into mats, or convert the cown-purchased furnishings back into crowns.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This or a furniture bag similar to craft bag.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Yes especially if its a crafted piece you should be able to break it down for mats

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This or a furniture bag similar to craft bag.

We've been asking for a furniture bag for ages now. I guess with the new storage containers they may have lost interest.

They are certainly better than the nothing before, but need a glitch or two fixed. Such as having to open each container every day before the items inside show up in your housing editor. Still, a minor inconvenience for being able to unclutter the inventory. :)

Edit: As an afterthought, the containers could do with being redesigned in a more realistic fashion. The present ones look as if they are straight out of a cartoon. Now if they were being really cool, the design(s) would be available in the style of the houses we decorate.

Edited by Aurie on May 10, 2018 12:48AM
  • Rain_Bat
    Rain_Bat
    Thing is any furniture that isn't bound can be traded or sold, I know people in my housing guild who have yard sales to make some gold off furniture they don't want.