The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What's a good house to make a garden?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Would like eventually sit down and make nice garden, but been overwhelmed where. Any have some experiences to share with there home gardening?
  • krisor67_ESO
    krisor67_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Depends on how big of a garden you wanted to make, there are a lot of good areas you can build a garden. I think your best bet would be to just take a tour of houses, kind of get a feel for the land that they are on, and then go from there.
    DPS player, not big on PVP but will do it. Love the homestead part of the game, spend a lot of time decorating places.
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a guild you can travel to a player's primary residence via the guild roster page and see. Many players welcome visitors so they set visiting permissions to let you see their homes. There are some amazing garden designers spread across the big trade guilds.
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get a fixed limit on placeable items that covers both inside and outside the building, so if you put a lot of clutter inside, you can't have much outside, and vice versa. Picking a small house on a large plot allows the interior to be reasonably full with a lower proportion of the slot limit. So homes like Ample Domicile, Bouldertree, or Sleek Creek could be the optimal ones.

There are quite a few homes that are interior-only, and the larger ones tend to get more interior without larger grounds.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the nicest gardens I have seen have been on the smaller homes.

However, Mournoth Manor in Bangkori has a nice layout, with several smallish areas that you can landscape, and then add some furniture to make outdoor living spaces. It is a Medium Home, but not so large that you can't get the plants to give good cover.

@Tasear Are you in Lone Wolf Help or Conclave of Shadows or Black Dragon Apothecary? If so, travel to my Primary Home so you can see.
    Edited by Nestor on May 7, 2018 9:21PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Would like eventually sit down and make nice garden, but been overwhelmed where. Any have some experiences to share with there home gardening?

The Strident Springs, Gardner house , I also Liked the Reapers March house with the river .. I don't recall the name
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »

I also Liked the Reapers March house with the river .. I don't recall the name

Serenity Falls?
  • Thehartclan
    Thehartclan
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could do an indoor garden.... but the sky is the limit: check out housing videos on YouTube for inspiration!!
    The Hart Clan

Atelier: Exquisite Homesteads, Facilitator
    New Scrolls Order - Admin Officer

9 Trait Crafter/ Furniture Expert / Housing Expert
    Vet 810 MagDK - 43k

PSN: The-J-Hart Server: PS4 NA
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    My friends Autumn Gate(?) in The Rift has a nice outside space you could have make into a little garden. Not sure about furnishing limits though so it may indeed just be a little garden you can make.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought Cyrodiilic Jungle House in Malabal Tor with the intention of focusing on the garden. The house is tiny and the yard is nice, it looks like a good opportunity to focus on the exterior and still have the house satisfyingly furnished.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strident Springs is a great house with lots of outdoor space, but a small interior. It has a large waterfall and a pond. Also, the Orbsevatory Prior has a couple of decent outdoor garden areas that are on the edge of a cliff with dramatic views. Plus, an indoor garden is believable with the big domed area letting in sunlight.

Edit: the outdoor areas can't be accessed when previewing the house, you have to actually buy it and build a ramp up to them. But you can get up there!
    Edited by Jaraal on May 8, 2018 7:31PM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all seems like the inspiration and ideas. There are so many options. I explore a lot but I think I will be setting in rawkla house. I have idea or well feeling for zen garden. I will also relocate my cat shrine here.