The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can we have a minimum healing or damage requirement to get AP in a match?

LaveniaRose
LaveniaRose
✭✭✭
I had multiple matches where one player just decided to go into sneak and chill out until the end of the match. Zero damage, zero healing at the end. Can we please have a minimum requirement for healing and damage to get AP in a match? It doesn't need to be very high, maybe 50 k combined or something. Low enough that everyone can reach it just by participating but high enough to get rid of this crap.
Edited by LaveniaRose on April 30, 2018 4:23AM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what, they light attack from base a few times, and continue to afk?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • LaveniaRose
    LaveniaRose
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but I wouldn't want to exclude someone from getting AP due to being inexperienced or long load screens. I had this happen 4 times in about 10 matches over the weekend. The total damage and healing from those 4 players was about 2.5k. I'd take light attacking off the home base. It's the deliberate, apathetic non-participation that's annoying me.
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with you, that punishes the player that joins at the very end of the match due to others leaving a losing team or for whatever other reason...
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’re very annoying, yeah. I assume these people either don’t like PvP and just want easy access to caltrops/vigor, or want to farm AP while they’re doing work around the house/watching a movie/etc. I can’t think of any solution (beyond imposing minimum damage/heal/damage taken requirements) that wouldn’t result in me being banned. The urge to name and shame these wimps is soooooo unbearable sometimes.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree with you, that punishes the player that joins at the very end of the match due to others leaving a losing team or for whatever other reason...

If you join too late to hit a threshold, one which I assume would be very low to cater for the weaker players out there (100-150k) then you probably don't deserve any rewards anyway..

I know what you're trying to say though; You could potentially avoid this by having a flat rate of participation AP that increases as your time in game does, separate from your actual reward AP.

What are games, 10mins? Just give people 100AP per minute whilst in the game and let the rest be awarded for actual participation.

Whether that's damage done/healing done/damage taken, it wouldn't matter, it would mean they were at least trying.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I hate when that happens! I'm not very good against the much better players, but nothing worse than people who just hide and do nothing.
    I will fling myself at the enemy relentlessly. Even if (lol when, really) I die, I'm occupying a few, so the rest can do more useful things.

That said; if I see a hider on the map, I will legit kite the enemy to their location.
    Edited by Mureel on May 8, 2018 10:21AM