Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to acquire gear at low level?

boonswoon
boonswoon
Soul Shriven
Server=NA, Race=Breton, Class=MagSorc

Hello. I know this question has been asked before; perhaps all I need is to be pointed at a previous thread?
I'm a fairly new character working on my second toon. My other toon isn't any further with crafting than this one.

I'd like to acquire some specific set gear (Magnus' Gift, Seducer) while I level. I haven't had any luck in zone or my guild. Can I dungeon for for these items? If so where?

Bottom line: Does anyone have any advice on leveling gear when asking in the zone and guild isn't returning results? Is there a specific Dolmen or Dungeon strategy I should follow. I like to dungeon and earn my gear!

Boonswoon
PC, NA, Breton, MagSorc
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnus's Gift and Seducer are both crafted, so you can't pick them up as loot. You can farm other sets if that's what you'd like - but you may out level them so quickly that it isn't worth your time. Many just use the best of whatever random gear they pick up. However, sets are fun, and if you have the mats and/or gold, crafted sets can usually be had immediately at your level (or even in advance of getting to a level) if you find someone to craft them. Asking in guild chat is usually much better than asking in zone.

If you do want to farm a set, here is a full list of sets grouped by how they can be acquired:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets

Also, if you list your platform someone may be able to help.
  • boonswoon
    boonswoon
    Soul Shriven
    That list (http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets) is great, thank you!
    I'm on PC, forgot to mention...
    PC, NA, Breton, MagSorc
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI - I know you probably wanna have sets whilst you’re levelling but I say wear full training gear of whatever kind until you hit CP160. Otherwise you’re gonna be crafting set armours that aren’t optimal when you’re max :)
  • boonswoon
    boonswoon
    Soul Shriven
    I think I'm starting to understand.
    PC, NA, Breton, MagSorc
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When i was leveling my magsorc i ran banished cells and got a the sanctuary set and put a resto staff on the back bar and then i farmed fungal grotto over and over and got the spider cultist set for dps. You could skip the healer part and just farm fungal grotto( i farmed as a healer because instant queues). Its good enough to level in for quite some time and fungal grotto is a fast dungeon to run 10-20 minutes depending on your group.

You could also farm chests on the newbie isles to get training gear though you may spend a lot of time to get something that will work for you( but you will make a good chunk of change in the process and have plenty to deconstruct and research)

I wouldnt buy gear though. You out level it to fast.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask some in guild to craft for you most decent players will do this free for low level guildmates.
    Edited by zaria on May 7, 2018 10:21AM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.