The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An ESO Housing Market: a New Economy Inspiring Aesthetics

nryerson1025
nryerson1025
✭✭✭✭
What if ZOS gave us the ability to purchase a house for ex. 1 million gold. The buyer decorates it as he wishes and puts it back on the market for whatever price he desires. wala. This creates a housing market and would allow players to further explore the unknown possibilities of the housing system, which I believe the most recent addons in the category have brought to light.

Any thoughts?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 19 houses, most of them I bought to get the achievements, so I'd love to have option to sell them in guild stores... :sweat:
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's a great way to reward creativity. But I think it should be limited to only houses that were purchased with gold, otherwise people will be turning crowns into gold at a disadvantage to those without a lot of cash.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Doctor_Goblin
    Any thoughts?

Yeah, it's "voila"
    :p
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree for the houses bought with gold.

Also the option to buy them furnished or not would be useful, because you might buy a house cheaper than the listed price in cases where someone really needs gold fast...
    The problem is if you have furnishings bought with crowns... but now with the upcoming gifting system I don't think it will be an issue.

I would sell an apartment to buy a larger house and so on. Good idea!
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually a pretty good idea. I don’t know how many sales you get because people who are into housing generally like to decorate them themselves. But it’s an idea worth looking at sure.