Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goals

Smul
Smul
What are your goals for launch day?
Level 10? 15? 20
Creating a succesful guild?

Mine personally is to stop playing because I've got exams, but the game is just too good!
  • Kevinmon
    Kevinmon
    ✭✭✭✭
    My goal is get to level 10 because my guild is having a Cyrodiil skyshard run at 7pm EST.

15 skill points man.
    Edited by Kevinmon on March 30, 2014 7:25PM
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Smul yeah, it's the addictive play that has me achieving zero work currently.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    My goal was to enjoy the launch. And the fact that I accomplished my goal is a fact that remains amazing. It doesn't take a whole hand of fingers to track how many launch days I have actually enjoyed the play on, and I have been playing MMOs since Meridian 59.
    Edited by silent88b14_ESO on April 1, 2014 2:26PM
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • Talmet
    Talmet
    ✭✭✭
    My goal was to enjoy the launch. And the fact that I accomplished my goal is a fact that remains amazing. It doesn't take a whole hand of fingers to track how many launch days I have actually enjoyed the play on, and I have been playing MMOs since Meridian 59.

lol, completely agree.

I think the only two MMOs I enjoyed playing on launch day (other than ESO) were TOR & LoTRO...every other MMO has been a crashy/laggy/over crowded mess on launch day.

And before someone says something about bugs in ESO, they don't even start to compare to other MMOs...

Did it take you 30+min to loot anything on launch day due to lagged loot servers? It did in WoW.
    Did the servers go down less than an hour after launch and not come back up till days later? Vanguard did...
    Was every mob spawn point surrounded by people spamming AoE abilities in the hopes of tagging a spawn? Everquest
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    My goal is to reach a minimum of lv 15 and finish off all the quests and dungeons and collect all sky shards in Auridon. Essentially a 100% completion in the area...I was doing quite well before the maintenance...
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    shadowz081 wrote: »
    My goal is to reach a minimum of lv 15 and finish off all the quests and dungeons and collect all sky shards in Auridon. Essentially a 100% completion in the area...I was doing quite well before the maintenance...
    Unfathomable.

Maybe you can help me understand, as I'm not without some intelligence. Maybe it is a cultural thing that will simply be so alien to my mindset that I cannot get a proper handle.

But why buy a sixty dollar game filled with fantasy tales and real players only to race through it like that? How can you savor the quest lines, the stories, the characters and interactions in such a short time?

Is the whole game for you only about the Cyrodiil competition for Emperor gear?

It just seems to me like, even though you say you are completing every quest, you aren't allowing yourself the time to actually experience the quests, only the minimum time to complete them.

It seems like some players purchase an exceptional vintage of wine only to chug it down like cheap swill.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    shadowz081 wrote: »
    Unfathomable.

Maybe you can help me understand, as I'm not without some intelligence. Maybe it is a cultural thing that will simply be so alien to my mindset that I cannot get a proper handle.

But why buy a sixty dollar game filled with fantasy tales and real players only to race through it like that? How can you savor the quest lines, the stories, the characters and interactions in such a short time?

Is the whole game for you only about the Cyrodiil competition for Emperor gear?

It just seems to me like, even though you say you are completing every quest, you aren't allowing yourself the time to actually experience the quests, only the minimum time to complete them.

It seems like some players purchase an exceptional vintage of wine only to chug it down like cheap swill.

Because I already done most if not all of it during the beta, as in I played through it at my own pace and I want to continue onto the next part of the dominion story line asap, but I also want to ensure that I got everything as well, and before the release date where there will be a large influx of players, as my comp is relatively old, or my CPU is, and large amount of players will make it lag very badly, I even purposely fell behind to ensure I didn't encounter large group of players on my journey through Auridon.

No I am not going to be grinding at PvP so I can become emperor, I have too much stuff to do in RL to compete against those true 'hardcore' players, though becoming emperor might be nice, but not at this moment in time.

So yeah, I made more or less the exact same character I had during beta with slightly different skills and I pretty much want to finish what I started in beta. Not going to rush after I get to the next bit, going to explore a lot more.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I see. Okay, sure, I can understand that. I didn't even consider the possibility that you simply had done it all previously. Appreciate the explanation.