Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Number of characters

Tucker3711
Tucker3711
✭✭✭
Hey I was wondering if the number of characters a person has slows down the game. If so, how many characters can I have till it slows me down? On a general laptop.

Thanks!
@Tucker311- PC
Tucker3711
Nord Beth Rose (EP)
Imperial Freya Var (DC)
High Elf Hestia du foyer (AD)
Wood Elf Epona Caoin (AD)
Hotstuff Queen

Best Answers

• JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tucker3711 wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering if the number of characters a person has slows down the game. If so, how many characters can I have till it slows me down? On a general laptop.

Thanks!

Number of characters you have has no impact as you can only play one at a time. The game is very CPU dependent so on a laptop I would suggest setting reflections to low and set draw distance on the low end. You will notice the most impact in heavily populated areas. If you laptop is not a gaming laptop with a decent discrete graphics card you might run into issues with the game.
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 15 characters, and it's not any slower or more laggy than it was when I only had a couple of characters. It won't make a difference.
    Answer ✓
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Number of characters will not affect gameplay, it might affect how fast you get up the character select screen with some seconds maximum.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Answer ✓